What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Cricket

Iafeta

Referee
You blokes sound like me on MLB the show at the moment. I'm feeling like a dog on heat the way it's being talked up.

Going to add it to my buy list. Maybe at the next price drop.

nöyd

Staff member
MLB The Show is the ducks nuts, can't wait for '18 to release.

I bought a PS4 last year just for The Show '17

Eelementary

Post Whore
When does the career end in Ashes Cricket? Im currently in the year 2029 as a Lower Order Leg Spinner for Australia.

Played 70 odd Tests and taken 380 wickets at an average of 38.80. Not sure how to keep my average down as I normally bowl 40 - 60 overs per match and the pitch is generally always grassy rather than dusty in Australia. Batting average of 32.

I've sunk so many hours into this game it is not even funny and is actually borderline scary.

Great purchase, most value i've got out of a game in a long time, probably since UFC 2

I'm not sure tbh.

nöyd

Staff member
Ok so my Ashes series can be easily summed up in 2 words:

deep shit.

After a first up win at Brisbane, the Aussies have been flogged at Adelaide and Perth, and are currently staring down the barrel at the Boxing Day test in Melbourne, sitting at 7/163 chasing a target of 313 for victory.

The Big Show was recalled for his home test, after continued failures by Khawaja at number 3. Maxwell comes in at 5 and Swampy moves to first drop. This plan however has backfired as Marsh has offered nothing against the newer ball, and Maxwell will come under further fire after being lazily run out in the second innings.

For a while there, nobody but David Warner had reached double figures in the Aussie second innings, apart from sundries, until Mitch Marsh managed to hang around and put on 50 with Warner for the 5th wicket, until he was caught at bat pad.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.12.53_zpsqtmivjpi.jpg

Mitchell Marsh blazing through mid-off for four

Warner looked like he may have been the saviour for the home team, going passed 50 and on the path for glory, until he played on to his stumps during a firey spell from Anderson and Woakes in tandem.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.18.33_zps4t2dderi.jpg

Warner cruised to 50, but was gone shortly after

Keeper Tim Paine seemed to be looking ok, but an outside edge to a vacant third slip saw Dawid Malan dive to his right from second slip to take a screamer, leaving Australia reeling at 7/150.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.39.03_zpsksoxzptp.jpg

Malan diving away to grab a blinder

After picking up 5 wickets in the first innings, Patrick Cummins is continuing this good form with the bat, racing to 21 at lunch and seemingly doing it easy. For Australia to limp home to an unlikely victory, both he and Starc must put together a patient partnership, to level the series at 2-2 going to Sydney for a hopeful decider.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.44.47_zpsakri2wwn.jpg

Starc and Cummins head off for lunch. They hold the key for an unlikely Australian victory

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.45.02_zpsvwdnggdx.jpg

Scorecard at lunch on day 3

After the first test I bumped up the batting difficulty to HARDEST, and boy is it a challenge. I don't think I have scored a century on hardest difficulty, and am averaging around 200 for an innings total, which makes this task in the fourth test seem almost impossible.

We will see, stay tuned.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok so my Ashes series can be easily summed up in 2 words:

deep shit.

After a first up win at Brisbane, the Aussies have been flogged at Adelaide and Perth, and are currently staring down the barrel at the Boxing Day test in Melbourne, sitting at 7/163 chasing a target of 313 for victory.

The Big Show was recalled for his home test, after continued failures by Khawaja at number 3. Maxwell comes in at 5 and Swampy moves to first drop. This plan however has backfired as Marsh has offered nothing against the newer ball, and Maxwell will come under further fire after being lazily run out in the second innings.

For a while there, nobody but David Warner had reached double figures in the Aussie second innings, apart from sundries, until Mitch Marsh managed to hang around and put on 50 with Warner for the 5th wicket, until he was caught at bat pad.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.12.53_zpsqtmivjpi.jpg

Mitchell Marsh blazing through mid-off for four

Warner looked like he may have been the saviour for the home team, going passed 50 and on the path for glory, until he played on to his stumps during a firey spell from Anderson and Woakes in tandem.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.18.33_zps4t2dderi.jpg

Warner cruised to 50, but was gone shortly after

Keeper Tim Paine seemed to be looking ok, but an outside edge to a vacant third slip saw Dawid Malan dive to his right from second slip to take a screamer, leaving Australia reeling at 7/150.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.39.03_zpsksoxzptp.jpg

Malan diving away to grab a blinder

After picking up 5 wickets in the first innings, Patrick Cummins is continuing this good form with the bat, racing to 21 at lunch and seemingly doing it easy. For Australia to limp home to an unlikely victory, both he and Starc must put together a patient partnership, to level the series at 2-2 going to Sydney for a hopeful decider.

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.44.47_zpsakri2wwn.jpg

Starc and Cummins head off for lunch. They hold the key for an unlikely Australian victory

Ashes%20Screenshot%202018.01.27%20-%2010.45.02_zpsvwdnggdx.jpg

Scorecard at lunch on day 3

After the first test I bumped up the batting difficulty to HARDEST, and boy is it a challenge. I don't think I have scored a century on hardest difficulty, and am averaging around 200 for an innings total, which makes this task in the fourth test seem almost impossible.

We will see, stay tuned.

Good luck, mate!

nöyd

Staff member
The Ashes are gone.

All three remaining wickets were lost inside of 10 overs after lunch, giving England another victory and with it the spoils and the accolades.

Gutted.

Now to finish the series and on to the one dayers to seek some redemption.

booooooooooo

It's a great game.

nöyd

Staff member
Ok, I love this game, and it would take a hell of a bug or glitch to get me to hate on it or stop me from playing it.

But...

20 overs into an ODI and the AI has changed field placings after every single f**king ball, I shit you not.

As I said, it won't stop me from playing it, but it really needs to be rectified, because that is f**ked.

Front-Rower

First Grade
This game is a train wreck. Finally I got around to having a go so I go in to have a quick 10 over game. Lost the toss and am bowling first up, so far so good. So in the 10 overs vs. South Africa I bowled I took 4 catches in the ring that were given not out, Slater comments that he has no idea why my team is appealing (umm I'd just taken a catch in the infield) and my bolwers are leg glanced for six. No worries, so I start batting and boom first ball hit a ball over the head of the infield but shock horror the player turns, sprints, dives about 5 metres to magically take a catch. Needless to say I quit the game straight away.

This game is a train wreck. Finally I got around to having a go so I go in to have a quick 10 over game. Lost the toss and am bowling first up, so far so good. So in the 10 overs vs. South Africa I bowled I took 4 catches in the ring that were given not out, Slater comments that he has no idea why my team is appealing (umm I'd just taken a catch in the infield) and my bolwers are leg glanced for six. No worries, so I start batting and boom first ball hit a ball over the head of the infield but shock horror the player turns, sprints, dives about 5 metres to magically take a catch. Needless to say I quit the game straight away.
Have you seen any cricket game that was not a bug riddled husk?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have Bradman 14 on the PS3, great game.

Is it worth forking out the $99 for the new one on the PS4?

Imo, yes.

The bowling is better.

The batting is just as good (better, even, because it is more relaitsic imo).

The fileding is better, too.

Sure, there are the occasional glitches here and there, but it's a brilliant game.

In this game, when I am bowling, it really feels like my bowling plans have an impact on how things pan out in the game.

No, but you can buy it online for around $50-60 then yes, it's okay.

https://www.amazon.com.au/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/356-8675056-1722360?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ashes+cricket

Even some of the loyal followers over at planet cricket have been sticking the boot in to big ant this time around.
Pretty sure I mentioned it in this thread but it's only the price point I really dislike

It's a shit little studio so you can't expect AAA quality which in my view is ok but they're asking AAA money which is mildly offensive

Ok slight rant

I find Bethesda to be as bad as EA

I bought fallout 4 on release day, I got caught on the hype train, started speaking to a fanboi

I asked if he was getting a peasant edition, he laughed and we bro fisted over being PCMR

He told me he'd already downloaded a mod for high res textures

I was astounded that it didn't already have them, here's a pre released texture mod for a game costing AAA coin, as I delved into meme pages it appears that the entire fan base is delusional as they all love the modding scene

If I get a respray at a panel shop by pros I'll fork out the perfunctory $4000 because that's been the going price forever

If I enlist a mate for a backyard job I'll give him $500 and a slab of his choosing, it won't be baked in a booth and likely be a open air job with a f**k ton of denibbing and peel all throughout, it'll have more runs than Donald f**king Bradman himself

Why would you pay top dollar for a third rate job? That's my opinion on this game and other half baked bug ridden games