What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Fixtures 2005

IanG

Coach
This is the list of Internationals

13 June England v Australia Rose Bowl Int. Twenty20

NatWest Series
16 Jun England v Bangladesh The Oval
18 Jun Australia v Bangladesh Cardiff
19 Jun England v Australia Bristol
21 Jun England v Bangladesh Nottingham (D/N)
23 Jun England v Australia Durham (D/N)
25 Jun Australia v Bangladesh Manchester
26 Jun England v Bangladesh Leeds
28 Jun England v Australia Birmingham (D/N)
30 Jun Australia v Bangladesh Canterbury
2 Jul FINAL Lord's

NatWest Challenge
7 Jul England v Australia Leeds
10 Jul England v Australia Lord's
12 Jul England v Australia The Oval

Ashes Test Series
21 - 25 Jul FIRST TEST Lord's
4 - 8 Aug SECOND TEST Birmingham
11 - 15 Aug THIRD TEST Manchester
25 - 29 Aug FOURTH TEST Nottingham
8 - 12 Sept FIFTH TEST The Oval

choc_soldier

Coach
Bangladesh? :-k

Hopefully Channel 7 (or whoever gets the free to air rights) decides to show the first innings and first session this time around...

Craig

Juniors
You see Bangladesh are playing two Tests before the Natwest Series and the waste of space Natwest Challenge.

Anonymous

Juniors
Bangladesh? What a waste of time. You'd reckon the NatWest challenge would have been against Bangladesh and they'd have gotten India or someone to come for the tri-series.

Oh well, here comes a repeat of the invincibles...

blackfriday

Juniors
bangladesh? i say we send over the academy team first and let the proper team have a good pub crawl around england.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
my life long goal is to watch an ashes test match in England

hopefully next year

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm hoping to get there next year as well Twizzle. I've always wanted to go to Lords and the oval, but unfortunately Uni will be back by the fifth test. But Lords is looking good 8)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hopefully see you there BB, but I'm not having a Guiness with you, they make me sick.

Craig

Juniors
Timbo said:
Bangladesh? What a waste of time. You'd reckon the NatWest challenge would have been against Bangladesh and they'd have gotten India or someone to come for the tri-series.

Oh well, here comes a repeat of the invincibles...

Well India are coming to the Natwest Challenge this year as a 'warm-up' before the ICC Champions Trophey.

IanG

Coach
Twizzle said:
my life long goal is to watch an ashes test match in England

hopefully next year

That's something I wouldn't mind doing myself. One ambition that I did have was to go to a World Cup game and I did that back in 1992 (Australia vs. South Africa at the SCG)

GB Lion

Juniors
I dont know why England have invited Bangladesh to play in the Triangular tournament. A very silly idea!!!!!! :roll:

They should have just ditched the Triangular series and played Three 20/20's against AUS

Also why do we have the Natwest Challenge??? what is the point in playing A ODI series and then playing another three games again. WHY?????? :roll:

I am still looking forward to the Ashes series though :D

IanG

Coach
I think it has something to do with recouping their losses because they refused to go to Zimbabwe during the world cup

Anonymous

Juniors
That and they know the NatWest series will be a whitewash so they'll be hoping they can compete in the 3 ODI series.

Seriously why didn't they try and orginise Pakistan or someone to play in the tri-series.

Anonymous

Juniors
Also I imagine they were a bit upset in Manchester when they missed out on a test last ashes series, so Old Trafford gets the nod this time.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
parra_panther said:
Bangladesh? :-k

Hopefully Channel 7 (or whoever gets the free to air rights) decides to show the first innings and first session this time around...

I doubt there will be Free to air coverage of the Natwest series - Ashes might be a chance but the Natwest series won't