What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Predictions 2017/18

Ashes Result: Australia 3-1

Most runs and how much: Smith 527

Most wickets and how much: Starc and Broad - 32 each

Cummins wickets: 4

Anderson wickets: 7

How many tests will Mathew Wade play this series?: 1

How many tests will Gary Ballance play this series?: 3

How many tests will Mitch Marsh play this series?: 3

How many run outs in the entire series?: 2

Number of centuries for the entire series (both sides): 10

Who will announce retirement during the ashes?: Cummins, after breaking down from another injury on Day 3 of the first Test
Stick your head in a vat of acid

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got the privilige to meet Bevo in the late 90's.

It was at a cricket coaching thing for potential NSW Country players from memory. We had a few NSW players come down to help out, Bevan, Richard Chee Quee and local boy Michael Slater.

Slater thought he was king shit, Chee Quee was really genuinely interested in helping with the coaching and Bevan was a quiet sort of fella. He was very respectful, unlike Slater, and didn't feel the need to tonk sixteen shades of shit out every second ball us teenagers sent down to him.

Slater left two days early. The other stayed til the end and gave autographs etc.

Bevo may have changed over the years as he got better and more successful, but my experience was that he was a decent fella.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Usually if your a regular tool away from the pitch it makes its way into the media eg Warne
Cant remember ever seeing Bevan making negative headlines

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bevo was famous for having Bev attacks, smashing bats or smashing up lockers but from what I heard is a top bloke.

Slater is an apic wanker to end all wankers. Hardly surprising he made it into the media.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Bev also famously wasn't a massive cricket fan. Didn't watch the game much and hasn't watched an awful lot since he retired.

There's a cricinfo quiz where they interview him about his career - he remembers four-fifths of f**k all about it.

mozza91

Coach
Pietersen, Warne, Chappell and Slater.

I predict that I'll have 9 muted and some form of radio commentary on by drinks of the first session of the first test.

F**** hell!

Every 2 hours for the past month I've got an email about the Women's Ashes Test.

I've seen the ODIs and now they pull a BS stunt like this.

FMD!!!

#crankypants.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, CA once again making it really accessible to the fans.

What's the f**king point of it being day/night if it's not on TV?

Its f**king crap the treatment they get, Crichinfo have an Ap and an add on for your toolbar, either way you always have quick access to the score.

When you click on the toolbar add on it says NO MAJOR GAMES GOING ON, when you scroll down it shows the Women's Ashes amongst the first class games. Their treatment of women's cricket is shameful.

King hit

Coach
I got the privilige to meet Bevo in the late 90's.

It was at a cricket coaching thing for potential NSW Country players from memory. We had a few NSW players come down to help out, Bevan, Richard Chee Quee and local boy Michael Slater.

Slater thought he was king shit, Chee Quee was really genuinely interested in helping with the coaching and Bevan was a quiet sort of fella. He was very respectful, unlike Slater, and didn't feel the need to tonk sixteen shades of shit out every second ball us teenagers sent down to him.

Slater left two days early. The other stayed til the end and gave autographs etc.

Bevo may have changed over the years as he got better and more successful, but my experience was that he was a decent fella.

Slater has always struck me as twit so it doesn't surprise me

Bazal

Post Whore
On a couple of groups on FB there are an awful lot of English fans who are adamant they have nothing to fear from this Australian side.

Their middle order (plus Cook) has just been ripped out by Simon Milenko and Gurinder Sandhu. Might be time to start fearing Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's looking like we might get a particularly bouncy GABBA wicket with a bit of green on top.

England could well shit themselves if they bat first

isaiah

Bench
Radio station promotion for taking ashes of a loved one to sit on the seat next to you. My mum is on the mantlepiece. Should i lie and say she was a cricket fan?