What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask Gus

mxlegend99

Referee
Guys you cant voice an opinion that anything is wrong. BxTom hates it when we voice concerns. We are only allowed to talk the club up and have a circle jerk about how awesome every decision Gus makes is.

Bob

Juniors
Discussion & venting are the very point of these boards.[/QUOTE
Exactly.

The only answer these people want is to have Griffin sacked and Moylan wearing a six on his back. As if this will magically fix everything. When Gould didn't give them this answer they carry on. God knows the season is going like crap, but these people make it so much worse.

Tom.
i think they are going to be sadly disappointed
Griffin is going nowhere and Moylan doesn't want to play 5/8 (see his interview in the latest Nepean news)

i think they are going to be sadly disappointed
Griffin is going nowhere and Moylan doesn't want to play 5/8 (see his interview in the latest Nepean news)

I don't buy much into what players say.

But I do know I'll be a fan of this footy club long after Griffin, Gould & Moylan are gone.

In the meantime I hope I'm wrong, but I've got staying power.

While your at it , read the "Sack Mary" and "Sack Flanno" threads in their respective forums.
Bunch of hysterical schoolgirls.

Mate seriously analyse what they say & compare it to what's happening. It's not just about win/loss, there's many very detailed criticisms that are repeating themselves.

If you do that I think you'll sing a different tune.

BxTom

Bench
Guys you cant voice an opinion that anything is wrong. BxTom hates it when we voice concerns. We are only allowed to talk the club up and have a circle jerk about how awesome every decision Gus makes is.
Mx, I have already said in several post that the season is going crap. That is hardly talking the club is it? There is obviously something wrong, but unlike corkheads like you I don't assume to know the answers. Nor do I describe anyone who disagrees with me as not allowing others to voice an opinion. Where have I praised Gould? Show me where I have said he is correct. You can't. Corksucker.

Tom.

Big Mick

Referee
This is such a cop out. The club asked for these questions, the club asked for the members to front up and the club said Gus would answer. If they couldn't predict what the tone of the questions would be after 5 bad losses in a row they are the biggest bunch of morons in sport and we are truly f**ked.

I would suggest gus was never going to answer any questions and the whole event was simply a pr exercise for Gus to convince the members to stay patient and keep copping the losses. If he was confident results would turn around soon why waste everyone's time with this PR exercise?? You would just let the footy do the talking. Unless he thinks things won't turn around this year in which case begging members to stay patient and telling them we are too young makes perfect sense, he is trying to save his mates neck, his own as well probably.

What you say in 2nd paragraph makes a lot of sense. I agree completely.

But how was my post a cop out? You expect him to read out each abusive question and then answer each one when 80% of them relate to the same response? What's the point of that?...it's a waste of time.

What he did from a theatrical perspective was f**king stupid...he could of, as ACT Panthers mentioned, said that "significant portion of questions were related to our performance and the retention of our coaching staff...so let me address these questions now"...instead of acting like a dickhead.

But you can't expect him to read out: "A question from Panthers member XXXXX - Gus...you are a merkin and Griffin is shit...when are you both f**king off"..."Well thanks for your question...dah dah dah". I mean come on lol. Be real.

Having said that...what you have said in the 2nd paragraph is 100% accurate. I agree completely. It was nothing more than a PR exercise in order to save a bit of face...but it backfired horribly.

betcats

Referee
What you say in 2nd paragraph makes a lot of sense. I agree completely.

But how was my post a cop out? You expect him to read out each abusive question and then answer each one when 80% of them relate to the same response? What's the point of that?...it's a waste of time.

What he did from a theatrical perspective was f**king stupid...he could of, as ACT Panthers mentioned, said that "significant portion of questions were related to our performance and the retention of our coaching staff...so let me address these questions now"...instead of acting like a dickhead.

But you can't expect him to read out: "A question from Panthers member XXXXX - Gus...you are a merkin and Griffin is shit...when are you both f**king off"..."Well thanks for your question...dah dah dah". I mean come on lol. Be real.

Having said that...what you have said in the 2nd paragraph is 100% accurate. I agree completely. It was nothing more than a PR exercise in order to save a bit of face...but it backfired horribly.

I didn't mean it was a cop out from yourself. What I'm saying is they must of known before they even organised the forum what kind of questions they would get, So if they didn't want to answer them because of the reasons you have stated then they they have deliberately misled the fans by saying they would answer them, and they have done so to give Gus a chance to spin a disastrous season as us being in a great position. This why I think the criticism of the forum is completely valid.

Basically it would be a cop out for the club to say "we didn't answer the questions because they were to harsh or repititive etc" because they must have known what kind of question they would get.

Big Mick

Referee
I didn't mean it was a cop out from yourself. What I'm saying is they must of known before they even organised the forum what kind of questions they would get, So if they didn't want to answer them because of the reasons you have stated then they they have deliberately misled the fans by saying they would answer them, and they have done so to give Gus a chance to spin a disastrous season as us being in a great position. This why I think the criticism of the forum is completely valid.

Basically it would be a cop out for the club to say "we didn't answer the questions because they were to harsh or repititive etc" because they must have known what kind of question they would get.

Ah right...got ya. Agree 100% then.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Another I'd have asked if I were a member is "Why is the communication between the club and its supporters so poor, especially as regards injured players". For example, Yeo and RCG were not considered for the rep round due to injury, but the first I knew of it was around Thursday on Facebook. Nothing on the club's site whatsoever. We used to have Spud's Sick List, something like this is needed.

This is exactly what the club wants. Griffin is big on keeping everything secretive.

betcats

Referee
Ah right...got ya. Agree 100% then.

Wish everyone would just agree with me like this haha. Its not even the refusal to answer questions etc that has pissed me off the most, the thing that has me shitty is that reading between the lines of what Gus has said he is basically just asking us to accept this mediocrity in the hope something will switch magically and we will get better. I mean that is just a woeful attitude from professional sports team, especially when you look at the coach and his complete lack of any achievements at this level and they way he was hired.

martielang

Bench

Pot have you met Kettle?

You (and your other 2 or 3 mates) do exactly the same when someone has a difference of opinion to you. If we're not burning Griffin at the stake or blaming him for WW3 then we're 'circle jerking'.

age.s

First Grade
This is exactly what the club wants. Griffin is big on keeping everything secretive.

Tbf I don't really have a problem with this. There's no way you can "tell the fans" without everyone else (media/opposition) finding out. If keeping cards close to the chest gives us an advantage i don't mind finding out later.

Latest posts