What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask Gus

Look at the Dogs, they have a coach with a fantastic resume who has not missed the finals since he took over the team and has also made 2 GFs in that time and yet he was still under immense pressure to keep his job last season. We have a coach who has an average resume, literally his best achievement is making the top four once with the broncos and lockyer(NRL coaching gigs don't get easier than the broncos), he has one of the best squads in the league running second last with 5 bad losses in a row and he is under no pressure at all, its pathetic. That is the difference between expecting success and accepting mediocrity. Coaches live and die by results, giving our unproven coach a free reign to lose as much as we have is not a recipe for success. At any well run club Griffin would've been turfed out 2 weeks ago.

Yep and panthers fans have been conditioned to accept mediocrity.

Personally I've had enough of it.

We've played finals footy 11 times in 50 seasons, 3 times in 14.

BxTom

Bench
I see that Moylan stated that he doesn't want to move into 5/8 at present. In the form he is in, that makes sense. He needs to play himself into form well before any change of position.

Tom.

I see that Moylan stated that he doesn't want to move into 5/8 at present. In the form he is in, that makes sense. He needs to play himself into form well before any change of position.

Tom.

Only way that happens is if Moylan plays well & we still lose.

If Moylan plays well & we win, no way in hell is Griffin changing positions around.

betcats

Referee
Moylan is toeing the line. What he said in the nepean might be his genuine feelings or it might be him saying what he thinks he should say as a captain. Coming out and saying he wants to play 5/8th would be seen as stepping out and causing problems by many including Gus imo.

Either way we wont see him in the 6 any time soon.

age.s

First Grade
Of course he's going to say he's fine where he is. Saying he wants to play 5/8 if Griffin doesn't want him there would be a huge bombshell and there are a number of reasons why he might not want to drop it. Likely has nothing to do with whether he wants to play there or not.

Fibroman

First Grade
If Moylan doesn't get shifted to 6 then our season is over. It is the best thing for the team. Gus and Griffen are dead set trogladites if they don't move him to 6.

mxlegend99

Referee
There seems to be more hype around Moylan making the move to the halves then there has been any other player in a long time for us.

Brandy seems excited by this halves pairing. The fans are excited. But it took an injury to Cartwright and for TMM to have done something that pissed the coach and/or team off to make it happen.

If the move was made 12 months ago instead of Cartwright... Moylan would have a years experience at 6, finals experience, a combination with Cleary and an off season training there.

I think he would have kept his Origin jersey aswell. Although i would rather we had no Origin players. We need all hands on deck for Panthers. Being disrupted through Origin could kill our season entirely. But if we can sneak a bunch of wins through this period we can be back in finals contention.

Yeah Hook cost Matty 90k haha cheers coach.
Amazing it took so long, it should have been one of the easiest coaching decisions in history. After 2 or 3 games it was clear he was a half