What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ata hingano released?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If the rumours are true and he is going to the raiders, then isn't he back in the same position? Instead of being stuck behind Sj and Green, he will be stuck behind Austin, Sezer and Williams..

Also our halves depth looks pretty thin now too, it's just Lino and...?

Johnson, Green, Lino, Harris. That’s actually pretty reasonable, two genuine first grade guys, one limited but competent backup in Lino and a class player who has utility experience at standoff.

spear tackle

Juniors
I heard Cameron George on the radio a few days ago saying while it was sad to see him go, they had 4 or 5 other exciting young guns coming through the junior ranks then rattled off a bunch of names, none of which were familiar to me.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think the reality is decent halves command top dollar and no club can really afford to pay a first grade quality half to sit in reserves.
And yes, in hindsight this underscores what a failure of a signing Foran was.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I heard Cameron George on the radio a few days ago saying while it was sad to see him go, they had 4 or 5 other exciting young guns coming through the junior ranks then rattled off a bunch of names, none of which were familiar to me.

Hayze Perham and Chanel Harris-Tavita were probably top of the list.

Sam Cook is a half/hybrid hooker but we're in real trouble if we get that far down the depth chart.

SJ, Green, Lino and even Santo would come before anyone else. Even after that we'd probably go Tohu.

I think we'll survive losing Hingano.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We need another Lance Hohaia. Underrated player and plugged any hole
He was the NZ version of the Walters brothers. All respect to the trio as they were great players but I think Hohaia was better.

Basically put - Hohaia made breaks and anyone that made breaks is good.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Reads like Lawton is halves depth. I have to admit that he did look dangerous against us in that game where he broke his leg. Was one of the tits only bright sparks

Leber

Bench
Basically a cheaper version of ata that can play halves aswell.

Decent signing.

BLN2

Juniors
Better than nothing! In the past the Warriors would just leave a hole in the roster for the season.. He seems like a decent utility player from when I've seen him.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sam Cook is a half/hybrid hooker but we're in real trouble if we get that far down the depth chart.

SJ, Green, Lino and even Santo would come before anyone else. Even after that we'd probably go Tohu.

I think we'll survive losing Hingano.

Cook looked bloody good against the Titans. I think our halves and hooker depth is fine, wish we had the same up front.

JJ

Immortal
He was the NZ version of the Walters brothers. All respect to the trio as they were great players but I think Hohaia was better.

Basically put - Hohaia made breaks and anyone that made breaks is good.

Did I read that right? You're saying that Hohaia was better than the Walters brothers?!?!?!

Steve is one of the greatest hookers to ever play the game, so I don't really understand how Hohaia would compare to him.

Kerrod and Kevin, yeah, I guess I can accept those comparisons given the similarities, but not that Hohaia was better - that's pretty funny tbh - and at the end of the day Kevin was a 5/8 and Kerrod a hooker, Lance was a utility - handy in lots of places but hardly at their standard

Latest posts