What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATC Derby

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Who is everyone's early tip for the Derby?... I had an early go at Show The World last week at 11's. He's a High-Chap that Murray Baker has brought over from NZ and after hearing a bit of a tip from a mate and then seeing it trial last week behind IADD thought he looked really nice, already into 8's so I'm quite chuffed so far.

However after watching the NZ Derby on the weekend have to admit a couple of other Kiwi's have got me a little nervous. Puccini's win was enormous! though he has had a tough campaign already and the ATC Derby is more of an after thought.

The filly who came second Rising Romance also went outstanding, I just hope they take the easier option and go to the Oaks because that looks a race in 3 (Solicit and Zanbagh the other 2).

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I reckon they are aiming Zanbagh at the Derby..

It's a pity the first 2 in the VRC Derby have got hurt..hope Polandski pulls through..

The next few weeks will make the picture a lot clearer..

Rosehill Guineas is always the best guide..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Far to early yet, but that was some win by Puccini in the NZ derby.

Never like pre post betting with 2 or 3 year old.

dogz08

First Grade
i'm waiting to see thunder fantasy this weekend, but i'm liking him atm

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I've always like Criterion, I backed him E-W on the weekend (god bless him) but he is starting to get the profile of one of those horses who always runs a good race without winning.

I also don't think he is a natural stayer, think his best distance will prove to be 1600-2000

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Savy Nature ran the worst race of his life in the VRC Derby,something else had to be the reason he failed that day other than staying ability,he won the Aami Vase over 2040m in a hand canter,he also ran the 2000m of the Spring Champion Stakes easily after being wide outstaying the likes of Drago and Thunder Fantasy whom beat him home in the VRC Derby

Foz

Bench
Far to early yet, but that was some win by Puccini in the NZ derby.

Never like pre post betting with 2 or 3 year old.

If it reproduces it's NZ form it's a certainty.$6 fixed odds looks pretty good to me.($7 Sportsbet)
I'm a bit of a fan of Koroibete but he won't get near Puccini if he acclimatises.
Could be a superstar.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Solicit was huge in the Oaks when she went out in the lead like a maniac and still held on bravely to narrowly go down

intentcity

First Grade
Solicit was huge in the Oaks when she went out in the lead like a maniac and still held on bravely to narrowly go down

I actually thought solicit was a colt and that run was in the VRC Derby lol, shows how much notice I've been taking with our 3 year olds lately, and even if Solicit was a colt I'd be breaking my no1 Golding rule in backing her (for the AJC Oaks or the AJc derby) as 3 years who were pushed during the spring rarely measure up in the autumn, not to mention fillys rarely take on the Colts.

2 year olds who contest the Blue diamond-magic millions rarely are a factor on golden slipper day as well.

In saying that solicit is $15 for the derby and from I've read she's being set for the oaks, bit of a joke really.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
I actually thought solicit was a colt and that run was in the VRC Derby lol, shows how much notice I've been taking with our 3 year olds lately, and even if Solicit was a colt I'd be breaking my no1 Golding rule in backing her (for the AJC Oaks or the AJc derby) as 3 years who were pushed during the spring rarely measure up in the autumn, not to mention fillys rarely take on the Colts.

2 year olds who contest the Blue diamond-magic millions rarely are a factor on golden slipper day as well.

In saying that solicit is $15 for the derby and from I've read she's being set for the oaks, bit of a joke really.
Saw the $15 odds - you would have to put a fiver on her in those circs surely?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Doubt they will run the Filly in the derby, pretty sure the Oaks prize money is much improved this year.

intentcity

First Grade
Show the World runs in the Guineas on Saturday, hoping he runs an eye catcher

Not sure what Hucklebucks doing, but I'd forgive his last run if he's running in the guineas, might be an each way chance at long odds, he didn't appreciate being crowded last start, he copped a bloody hard hit on the home turn as well, he wasn't going to catch the winner with the overall pace in the race though, but the winner did win a Cox plate.

Last edited:

Latest posts