What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athens Opening ceremony

Terminator

First Grade
I just watched some of the highlights on the news, and Im really KICKING myself now for not staying up and watching it, people are already saying its the best one yet, did anyone else here watch it, was it better than our one?

les norton

First Grade
I liked it...ive heard some negatives but i really think it's the best yet...that sculpture breaking up was amazing. The costumes were beautiful. two thumbs up from me.

NC

Juniors
I only saw about a quarter of it because I fell asleep and also the highlights that have been on the news but it looked alrite.

Risa

Bench
It must be me but I was a bit bored by it actually. Maybe it was just me not being in the mood for it but Sydney was 5 times better in my opinion.

Kaz

junior
What in the world were the Australian Team wearing.

It would have to be one of the UGLIEST outfits of all the Countries.

NC

Juniors
Risa said:
It must be me but I was a bit bored by it actually. Maybe it was just me not being in the mood for it but Sydney was 5 times better in my opinion.

You weren't the only one bored Risa, hence the reason why I fell asleep... and this was the replay that I watched :lol:

*melliez*

Juniors
Kaz said:
What in the world were the Australian Team wearing.

It would have to be one of the UGLIEST outfits of all the Countries.

Oh so I wasn't the only person who thought they looked geniused!

They were pathetic!

Sydney's uniforms were so much nicer!

Kaz

junior
I found where they got the idea of the Australian Jackets. :lol:

IMG_8522.JPG

0,5001,369890,00.jpg

Risa

Bench
NC said:
You weren't the only one bored Risa, hence the reason why I fell asleep... and this was the replay that I watched :lol:

LOL I was watching the replay as well. How bad is Bjork? What a crap singer to have on. I couldn't understand a word she was singing lol.

les norton

First Grade
Did anyone see that footage of her attacking the chinese reporter at the airport....she's an absolute nutter!! :lol:

IanG

Coach
Am I the only sensible one here cuz I waited until this morning and watched the Replay instead of staying up all night

*melliez*

Juniors
IanG said:
Am I the only sensible one here cuz I waited until this morning and watched the Replay instead of staying up all night

I saw the lighting of the cauldron and the flag thing this morning, and my old man taped it so I can watch it whenever i want...

Kaz, so that's why I felt like eating lollies when I saw them! :lol:

Risa

Bench
IanG said:

I taped it and watched it in the morning. You're not the only one who didn't want to stay up all night!

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Things I liked about the opening ceremony:-

The 4 chicks playing the string instruments at the start.....
The pregnant chick with the glowing belly
The history of Greece bit (speshally the stone figures coming to life)
The olympic rings on fire
The Greek crowd going a little quieter when Turkey came in (Greece and Turkey hate each other with a passion)

Things I didnt like.....

Bjork.....seriously what was the story there.....
The olympic flame.....looks like a giant....ummm....marital aid?
Lack of gay but catchy songs (like Sydney)
Oh and one more....Rebecca Wilson.....please....she has got NO idea.....

Alex28

Coach
bjork is alright...her older music is great. i dunno about the "sweat is salty" song though...

having a dj play the music as the athletes came out was a great idea.

and the crowd...the crowd was funny. iraq got a great applause, but then when iran came in it was virtually silent...

Latest posts