What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athletics

Danish

Referee
Not true. She was originally banned due to the result of her gender testing back in 2009 after blitzing the world championships. Her gender testing showed XY chromosomes.

It was only after they changed the rules removing gender testing and moving to a testosterone level measurement instead in 2010 that she could compete again, and even then only with hormone suppressants which effectively removed her as a world class competitor and saw her tumble down the rankings. Now as of the start of 2016 those testosterone levels have been waived, and she made a miraculous return to world class times within months of stopping her hormone suppressant program.

She is allowed to compete under the current laws, but they must be changed or else women will effectively never win track medals again inside of a few games. Already it's looking like we could see 3 Intersex athletes on the podium for the 800m on Saturday night

Shorty

Staff member
You understand I'll need a link for that.
I'll be surprised if you have one, mostly because her results published would be against the law I'd think.

Anyway its not Caster's fault and she didnt protest to change the rules, it was someone else.
Also, blame trans athletes for the lack of removal of sex organs, they championed that cause.

Danish

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/semenya-has-no-womb-or-ovaries/story-e6frexni-1225771672245

Testes, no ovaries, no womb.

Her gender testing was completed in 2009, and she was not permitted back to competition until 2010 when a new system was implemented allowing a program to be undertaken to normalise testosterone levels.

I don't think anyone is blaming Caster or calling her a cheat. The fact is though she should not be allowed to compete and every time she runs it makes a farce of the sport

Shorty

Staff member
That doesnt say she's not female just that she has no womb or ovaries.
I need a link showing her as 'XY'.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The ruling was that a genetic disorder that produces more testosterone is no different to say one that produces more haemoglobin. I tend to agree.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Like is there are a bigger example of genetic advantage than the sport i am watching now (basketball)

99 percent of men are shorter than 6'4 and the average height in the nba is 6'7

In pretty much every case i can think of people who are born with an advantage thats just the luck of the draw.

Remember she lost in london to an athlete who was doping. Doping is a vastly bigger issue than this so called doom of womens sport as danish believes. Why didnt dutee chand blow the competition away. She finished 50th

Danish

Referee
A "genetic disorder".... otherwise known as a pair of testicles. As I said, these rulings are just making a farce of gender segregated sport, and will end with no woman being able to remain competitive soon enough.

Can we at least all agree that the WR for the women's 800m is about the most ridiculous in all sport given even "women" with male reproductive organs can't get near it?

Danish

Referee
Like is there are a bigger example of genetic advantage than the sport i am watching now (basketball)

99 percent of men are shorter than 6'4 and the average height in the nba is 6'7

In pretty much every case i can think of people who are born with an advantage thats just the luck of the draw

If basketball was graded by height, and then they started letting some taller guys play in the short leagues because of some loophole then you might have a point.

There is no rules on who is allowed to compete in the event you are currently watching outside of WADA doping laws.There are specific restrictions placed on competing in women's sport, and they've basically all had to be thrown out to allow Caster and those like her to be allowed on the track

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If basketball was graded by height, and then they started letting some taller guys play in the short leagues because of some loophole then you might have a point.

There is no rules on who is allowed to compete in the event you are currently watching outside of WADA doping laws.There are specific restrictions placed on competing in women's sport, and they've basically all had to be thrown out to allow Caster and those like her to be allowed on the track

Nonsense.

We constantly accept that athletes are freaks. Like i said eero mantryant won a bunch of medels because of a genetic condition that gave him more oxygen carrying blood. Wow that sounds like it would be an advantage in endurance sports.

Sport is not fair. Its never been fair. Its just tough luck to the other athletes. She was born with a genetic condition that will give her an advantage. Obviously not an entire advantage because as i said dutee chand didnt do much

Danish

Referee
Nonsense.

We constantly accept that athletes are freaks. Like i said eero mantryant won a bunch of medels because of a genetic condition that gave him more oxygen carrying blood. Wow that sounds like it would be an advantage in endurance sports.

Sport is not fair. Its never been fair. Its just tough luck to the other athletes. She was born with a genetic condition that will give her an advantage. Obviously not an entire advantage because as i said dutee chand didnt do much

She was born wth testicles, and best I can find failed her gender testing (hence not being allowed to compete again until gender testing as the standard was abolished).

All natural genetic advantage must be accepted in open competition, which is what all age men's sport is (no rule would stop a woman who runs fast enough to compete with men). Women's competition is NOT open competition, as such those advantages can see a competitor banned so as to maintain the competitiveness of the sport.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
She was born wth testicles, and best I can find failed her gender testing (hence not being allowed to compete again until gender testing as the standard was abolished).

All natural genetic advantage must be accepted in open competition, which is what all age men's sport is (no rule would stop a woman who runs fast enough to compete with men). Women's competition is NOT open competition, as such those advantages can see a competitor banned so as to maintain the competitiveness of the sport.

Nobody is saying she is a man lol.

So should women with other advantages should compete with men ? Thats a pretty weird opinion you have danish. I tend to just think sport its just luck of the draw what an athlete is born with.

The reason why she is competing in rio is because nobody could prove that this is any different to any other genetic disorder or natural advantage.

Maintain the competitiveness of sport lmao. Ledecky swims her 1500m at a quicker pace (per m) than the second fastest 800m time ever. Nobody cares about the "competitiveness" of sport. We celebrate athletes who are freaks most of the time.

Like i said the indian girl who got this overturned finished 50th. What an advantage !!!!!!!!

Danish

Referee
No one is saying she is a man, yes. But I AM saying she is not a woman, and that's all that matters. We have restricted categories in sport - are you under a certain age, and are you female. Everyone else goes in the opens category which for all intents and purposes gets labelled as "mens", despite no restriction on women or adolescent boys entering (besides for their own safety on occasion with contact sports).

Ledecky swims faster than any other WOMAN in history. Her times would be laughable in open competition against men. Like Eric the eel levels of comedy.

If you are going to have restricted competition, testosterone levels are quite obviously the most clear advantage you can give an athlete. It's the reason why even the NSW little athletics under 16s boys champion in just about any track event would win gold at the Olympics against women. It is geniused to say that increased testosterone has no proven bearing on performance, which is the exact ruling that has allowed Caster to run at this games.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Ledecky if she swam her PB in the 1500m would have finished about 30th in the men's 1500m. Good one mate. Ernie the eel indeed.

Edit

She would have qualified for the finals at both the us and australian trials and not finished last at either of them. She would have finiahed 5th in the australian trials. I dont think ernie the eel would have done that danish

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
That being said Pete, I wouldn't be surprised if Ledecky had something going on with her.
She's a very strange looking chick and reportedly trains with the guys because the girls don't challenge her.

Danish

Referee
Ledecky if she swam her PB in the 1500m would have finished about 30th in the men's 1500m. Good one mate. Ernie the eel indeed.

Edit

She would have qualified for the finals at both the us and australian trials and not finished last at either of them. She would have finiahed 5th in the australian trials. I dont think ernie the eel would have done that danish

Wow she's lose by over a lap, very impressive.

Her 800m world record is over 30 seconds slower than the men's. She is absolutely not competitive in men's events. And she is one of the the biggest freaks in women's sport.

Pretty much proves how much of an advantage testosterone is, no?

Danish

Referee
Anyway, the men's 4x100 about to start. History in the watching as its bolts last go round at Olympics.

The US's little montage leading into this race on the NBC coverage was embarrassing. All the Yankee runners basically saying they should have won the last 2 golds but they made mistakes. As though they even had a chance against the world record Jamaicans!