What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athletics

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Bolt is the fastest human ever which is amazing but michael johnson brought up an interesting point about how much energy he wastes on his starts because of his height. Its quite amazing how fast he is

DiegoNT

First Grade
Apparently for a lane violation. I thought it was quite clear the yank sprinter put his foot in Bolts lane in the final metres

T-Boon

Coach
Apparently for a lane violation. I thought it was quite clear the yank sprinter put his foot in Bolts lane in the final metres

yeah, the very last step just before he stumbles. I thought he might have been over the line when it happened.

T-Boon

Coach
Please answer my question, Pete.

What test outside of gender and testosterone levels would you implement to judge who can compete in women's sports?

It should be a junk test. What junk do you have? If you have or have had testicles and don't have a womb or ovaries then you don't qualify for the womens race.
Sounds like testosterone levels confuse it a bit. If you have high levels of testosterone they should examine your junk.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah...they have already tried this, it's oversimplifying an incredibly complex thing.
By the junk test she would pass because she has female external anatomy.

Danish

Referee
Surely t can't be that hard to define whether someone is a woman. The first step is realising that not being a woman doesn't automatically mean you are a man.

If they don't do this, we will literally see the end of women winning "women" events track and field

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah it is extremely complicated.
Its not simply XX and XY, apparently theres a whole lot of variations (XXY etc).
Some like Caster are obvious but then there's others who look like anyone else.

I think removal of said sexual organs would solve the issue with Caster, but you'd then be cutting out of lot of the trans athletes as well (to which degree that is a bad thing is another debate).

T-Boon

Coach
Anyone else watch the 50km walk?
I've always laughed at this event and last night was no exception but geez it was a good race.
At one point the camera was on a walker who had collapsed and I was pretty certain he was dying in front of our eyes, one minute later the camera goes back to him and he is walking again like one of the members of the walking dead. Same dude started walking in normal everyday walking style until another walker power walks past him and then he tries to start up the power walking again and go with him.
I swear and one point the guy who went on to win was frothing at the mouth and arguing with himself whilst stumbling like a drunk.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Anyone else watch the 50km walk?
I've always laughed at this event and last night was no exception but geez it was a good race.
At one point the camera was on a walker who had collapsed and I was pretty certain he was dying in front of our eyes, one minute later the camera goes back to him and he is walking again like one of the members of the walking dead. Same dude started walking in normal everyday walking style until another walker power walks past him and then he tries to start up the power walking again and go with him.
I swear and one point the guy who went on to win was frothing at the mouth and arguing with himself whilst stumbling like a drunk.
Yeah I watched it.

It was good.

That guy should have been pulled out though.

Apparently he'd had gastro. No idea how he completed that race in 8th.

axl rose

Bench
If they don't do this, we will literally see the end of women winning "women" events track and field

Its funny hearing that old geriatric Bruce and his 7 talking heads commentate on Caster and how many times they can say the word she within a minute. Shes amazing isnt she Bruce, oh she is, lets see how she goes, here she comes. She is on the blocks, now she is looking at her shoes.

Danish

Referee
So the 800m women's event has been swept by : x Intersex athletes who will be banned from competing again soon enough.

Such a shame for all the other competitors in that race

Shorty

Staff member
The other competitors dont care, they have interviewed them.
The only one that has openly complained about Caster is a drug cheating Russian.

Are the other two actually intersex?
Edit: I can only find judgments on appearance and speculation lol turn it up.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
I have read other competitors stating she has an advantage but that it would be wrong to ban her, so siding with the IOC.
The only people continuing harping on are armchair experts.

Its highly unlikely shes there next olympics but I would suggest people read more about this subject.
The IOC banned some italian 'dude' years ago only for this dude to fall pregnant and give birth to a child, they know what they're doing these days.

Frankus

Juniors
No one is saying she is a man, yes. But I AM saying she is not a woman, and that's all that matters. We have restricted categories in sport - are you under a certain age, and are you female. Everyone else goes in the opens category which for all intents and purposes gets labelled as "mens", despite no restriction on women or adolescent boys entering (besides for their own safety on occasion with contact sports).

Ledecky swims faster than any other WOMAN in history. Her times would be laughable in open competition against men. Like Eric the eel levels of comedy.

If you are going to have restricted competition, testosterone levels are quite obviously the most clear advantage you can give an athlete. It's the reason why even the NSW little athletics under 16s boys champion in just about any track event would win gold at the Olympics against women. It is geniused to say that increased testosterone has no proven bearing on performance, which is the exact ruling that has allowed Caster to run at this games.
Ledecky would make the final of the 400 free at every state level open men's swimming comp in Australia.

Latest posts