What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn: Dishlickers board

Alan Shore

First Grade
First it was last year and the salary cap scandal. Now, they're acting like a bunch of softc0cks. Just rolling over like Dogs and letting the AFL have Telstra.

ChiaPete

Juniors
When it comes to Semi Final Football isn't it the NRL's duty to organise venues and not the clubs? The NRL needs the backbone to stand up and not let the ground be taken. A decision had to be made the Bulldogs couldn't sit around waiting to know where they are playing next week, its disappointing because a HUGE crowd would have turned out for the Warriors Dogs, but at the end of the day the fans need to know where a game is to be played.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Alan Shore

First Grade
ChiaPete said:
When it comes to Semi Final Football isn't it the NRL's duty to organise venues and not the clubs? The NRL needs the backbone to stand up and not let the ground be taken. A decision had to be made the Bulldogs couldn't sit around waiting to know where they are playing next week, its disappointing because a HUGE crowd would have turned out for the Warriors Dogs, but at the end of the day the fans need to know where a game is to be played.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Next weekend is home ground semis, so it is the Bulldogs that select their venue. So part of the blame has to rest on you, if not most of it.

ExJnrKiwi

Juniors
Gay FL will get 70k while RL will get 30k. Stadium management had a decision to make but that required the co-operation of both codes. Dogs did the right thing by avoiding a legal scrap that could have upset their preparation for the game. Given that these games are sudden death any distractions could be fatal.

The Showgrounds is considered an excellent stadium for 30k plus crowds. The atmosphere that that will create will give the Dogs a bigger advantage than if they had played in the main stadium. An astute decision by the Dogs in my book.

Moffo

Referee
showgrounds holds 22k

the game would attract more than that if given a chance

hence they should change the venue

Cheers,
Moffo

ChiaPete

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Next weekend is home ground semis, so it is the Bulldogs that select their venue. So part of the blame has to rest on you, if not most of it.

I am aware that is it home ground semis however I have read in the Courier Mail that during semi finals, although home semis the NRL organises the venues. The Broncos were concerned over having Suncorp booked for a home semi and were worried when the NRL hadn't approached the Stadium. That is irrelevant now that Broncos didn't make it but to me the article read that Home Semi Finals are the NRL's responsibility.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Anonymous

Juniors
LOOKS LIKE THE GAY FL IS TAKEING OVER :cry: THE DOGS SHOULD HAVE GOT THE BIGER GROUND :evil: WAKE UP NRL :idea:

Terminator

First Grade
The fault lies with the NSW public who support League from the comfort of their house, and don't make the effort to get to a game, there are thousands of them, Victoria has a smaller population than NSW but are passionate enough to get their arses into gear and get physically behind their teams.
The Olympic stadium was built for use after the games for all sports, not just ours, if we can't fill it to near capacity for any final, then why the hell should we be entitled to it , over a team of another sport that will fill it.
I would of course love nothing more, than to see over 70,000 for every league final played at the Stadium, but untill the lazy ones start to crawl out of the pubs, clubs and their own homes to get there, we will never win.

RifRaf

Juniors
Fault lies with the homo dogs who have bent over to accomadate the boys in tight shorts..... It should have been expected really....

ngunity

Juniors
ExJnrKiwi said:
The Showgrounds is considered an excellent stadium for 30k plus crowds. .

For who? Who says this? Maybe the players like the showground but for me it sucks b@lls, your 50 metres from the sideline in the front row of the GA stands, what's all that about?!

Yes I know it was a baseball stadium, but for Rugby League the showground is a REALLY poor choice. Being at Telstra puts you on the sideline and involved in the game, the showground strains your eyes and makes you wonder if TV might have been the better option....