What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn; Nad-ticklers

carcharias

Immortal
i'm certainly awaiting the jowls affect. as night follows day, we will fade.

the 60th minute mark has happened a couple of times to us, i believed you guys were f*cked regardless - too little possession which knackered your team combined with key injuries - 20 mins remaining is a long time under those circumstances whether you had hit the front or not.

we handled the second half a sh*load better than your gumbies in the first clash.

You know we lost 3 of our best players by halftime?
Fifita was caning you merkins.
While Klein was caning us as usual.

gregstar

Referee
You know we lost 3 of our best players by halftime?
that's why the 60th minute mark meant nothing. there was still 20 to go & no replacements for the engine room. we endured a bigger blowtorch from souths the week before & held on.

did you honestly think you were a chance?

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
that's why the 60th minute mark meant nothing. there was still 20 to go & no replacements for the engine room. we endured a bigger blowtorch from souths the week before & held on.

did you honestly think you were a chance?
Souths without burgess

If we had subs we would’ve been a good chance.
6 to 4 try’s
Two disallowed against us... took the bunker 20 mins to over turn the decision.

4 bullshit 2018 version penalties against us right in front of our posts
Yet the bullshit penalties against you were right in front of our posts

gregstar

Referee
Souths without burgess

If we had subs we would’ve been a good chance.
6 to 4 try’s
Two disallowed against us... took the bunker 20 mins to over turn the decision.

4 bullshit 2018 version penalties against us right in front of our posts
Yet the bullshit penalties against you were right in front of our posts
you can only play what's against you. it works both ways. would you accept that excuse if we were missing key players? would you call it a fortunate win? if that was the case i demand the 2003 season be reviewed! we had almost an entire roster of rep players on the sidelines by the end of the year.

as i said because i agree with you, yes if you had those players you would have been a bigger threat - i still think we would have won based on the possession having taken its toll. i believe what we showed against the rabbitohs would have applied because it showed what we are capable of under enormous pressure.

agree with the bunker crap - the week before the bunker overruled a definite try that would have put souths virtually out of the game at half-time. again shi*t happens. surely you don't feel you were robbed of a win.

M2D2

Bench
Against the rabbits? where you were looking like losing until Cody Walker lost it cold under no pressure?
You probably would have won here, but using rabbits as a reason why doesnt really wash.

carcharias

Immortal
16 10 at halftime
Gal gone after 15
Fifita after about 32
Wade at halftime
Between the 22nd and 27 min that ref gave the dragons 3 penalties in front

Plus the one in the very first minute - right in front.

1 disallowed try to Eddie.

I don’t think we were robbed
I just think we were very unlucky to lose so many players- key players too.
To cop so many penalties right in front for such bullshit penalties was another killer.

If the dragons lost their 4 most senior players leaving them with nobody on the bench we would’ve flogged them .

If things stayed even in terms of injuries
I reckon it would’ve been very close.

gregstar

Referee
Against the rabbits? where you were looking like losing until Cody Walker lost it cold under no pressure?
You probably would have won here, but using rabbits as a reason why doesnt really wash.
the rabbitohs put us under a sh*tload more pressure than your mob & we withstood it. It's not how, it's how many - we beat them. under pressure we didn't crack. would you have accepted that argument if you'd won under similar circumstances?

gregstar

Referee
16 10 at halftime
Gal gone after 15
Fifita after about 32
Wade at halftime
Between the 22nd and 27 min that ref gave the dragons 3 penalties in front

Plus the one in the very first minute - right in front.

1 disallowed try to Eddie.

I don’t think we were robbed
I just think we were very unlucky to lose so many players- key players too.
To cop so many penalties right in front for such bullshit penalties was another killer.

If the dragons lost their 4 most senior players leaving them with nobody on the bench we would’ve flogged them .

If things stayed even in terms of injuries
I reckon it would’ve been very close.
The ref.
i'm sure you you'd accept that excuse if the shoe was on the other foot?

yes you were unlucky to lose so many key players - as i said. i have not disputed this as a contributing factor to the final result. no one in their right mind would dispute it. as you said, it probably would have been closer.
it was the penalties in my mind more than the penalty goals that screwed you because it chewed up your petrol in possession that went against you.

to say you would have flogged us under the same circumstances is one of those wonderful conjectures isn't it.

carcharias

Immortal
The ref.
i'm sure you you'd accept that excuse if the shoe was on the other foot?

yes you were unlucky to lose so many key players - as i said. i have not disputed this as a contributing factor to the final result. no one in their right mind would dispute it. as you said, it probably would have been closer.
it was the penalties in my mind more than the penalty goals that screwed you because it chewed up your petrol in possession that went against you.

to say you would have flogged us under the same circumstances is one of those wonderful conjectures isn't it.

It just common sense.
You take the dragons 4 most experienced players out of the game... mid game.
With no subs left

What do you reckon would have happened?

You mention petrol
No f**king subs.. is the reason.
We weren’t using any petrol watching widdop kick goals.

Penalty count was 11-12 dragons way
Mind you most of ours came once the horse had bolted.

gregstar

Referee
It just common sense.
You take the dragons 4 most experienced players out of the game... mid game.
With no subs left

What do you reckon would have happened?
no where have i disputed that.

You mention petrol
No f**king subs.. is the reason.
We weren’t using any petrol watching widdop kick goals.
it was contributing to repeat sets. the possession percentage at one stage was ridiculous. whether 2 points or kicks for touch, or repeat sets, you were being starved of possession. you were tackling for most of that first half and the first 10 minutes of the second. even if you weren't decimated by injuries - that is a hell of an obstacle to overcome at the back end of the game. i'd suggest that we held on against the bunnies because we'd used a sh*tload less petrol in the first half on the back of a huge possession advantage.

Penalty count was 11-12 dragons way
Mind you most of ours came once the horse had bolted.
hence the possession advantage.

carcharias

Immortal
Ha
So dragons lose 3 forwards before halftime then another with 10 to go and have no subs and still win?
Ha

I just saw on the Tele they’re all sick btw.

M2D2

Bench
the rabbitohs put us under a sh*tload more pressure than your mob & we withstood it. It's not how, it's how many - we beat them. under pressure we didn't crack. would you have accepted that argument if you'd won under similar circumstances?
You cracked twice in a few minutes, you had nothing left, they were all over you until Cody does what Cody does...
Your idea on that game is faulty to use as an example on why you wouldnt crack against us, when you cracked against them.

To be honest, you won, and you won well. To think "oh if we would have players on the bench we would have won" or to think "it wouldnt have mattered, we still would have won" youre both arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Look Stains are a good side this year....with the inclusion of Hunt and Graham I tipped them to make the 4. Where they are a bit lucky is the fact they are the only side not to have an injury to a key player so far.I don't believe their depth is that great in either the backs or forwards. While they were the better side last weekend.....just about everything that could go their way did. The injuries decimated our pack and hence go forward.....15 replays to determine if Val got a fingernail on the ball.....No try.......2 minutes later Nighty passes infield from the grandstand but because the goons score on the following play the try is allowed and rightly so. Exactly the opposite with the Fifi bobble....because we score off that play it goes upstairs and is correctly denied. Even the most one-eyed Stains fan would have to agree that the game was gifted to them despite being the better side.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
no where have i disputed that.

it was contributing to repeat sets. the possession percentage at one stage was ridiculous. whether 2 points or kicks for touch, or repeat sets, you were being starved of possession. you were tackling for most of that first half and the first 10 minutes of the second. even if you weren't decimated by injuries - that is a hell of an obstacle to overcome at the back end of the game. i'd suggest that we held on against the bunnies because we'd used a sh*tload less petrol in the first half on the back of a huge possession advantage.

hence the possession advantage.
Whats' the faarrkk with the serious posts Greggy......someone hack your account?

gregstar

Referee
You cracked twice in a few minutes, you had nothing left, they were all over you until Cody does what Cody does...
Your idea on that game is faulty to use as an example on why you wouldnt crack against us, when you cracked against them.

To be honest, you won, and you won well. To think "oh if we would have players on the bench we would have won" or to think "it wouldnt have mattered, we still would have won" youre both arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.
a first grade player made a mistake in a pressure situation.

how do you know they were going to score? they were applying the blowtorch - but didn't score. we were under pressure - but we held them out. we won the game. you have your opinion, i have mine.
i'll bet we gained more out of that defensive effort against the bunnies then the attacking effort. and i'll bet that that effort from the previous gave them confidence to repel the effort your mob applied.

M2D2

Bench
a first grade player made a mistake in a pressure situation.

how do you know they were going to score? they were applying the blowtorch - but didn't score. we were under pressure - but we held them out. we won the game. you have your opinion, i have mine.
i'll bet we gained more out of that defensive effort against the bunnies then the attacking effort. and i'll bet that that effort from the previous gave them confidence to repel the effort your mob applied.
Denial is a hellava drug.
Tries scored in the 71 & 74th minute. And you argue you didnt crack and you held them out, which you didnt.
Once again, your arguments logic and example is faulty.

gregstar

Referee
Denial is a hellava drug.
Tries scored in the 71 & 74th minute. And you argue you didnt crack and you held them out, which you didnt.
Once again, your arguments logic and example is faulty.
hate to break it to you - 80 mins dude.

they didn't score & didn't win.
for the final 6 mins - we held them out & won!

if you think holding on for those final 6 minutes to win is cracking, then i hope we crack like that every close game.

are you suggesting that if the shoe was on the other foot & we were finishing strongly against your mob scoring twice with 5 mins to go but lost, you wouldn't say you held on? would you accept that you cracked under pressure? i sure as hell wouldn't. and don't.

but hey...that's denial i guess.

Latest posts