What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn; Nad-ticklers

M2D2

Bench
hate to break it to you - 80 mins dude.

they didn't score & didn't win.
for the final 6 mins - we held them out & won!

if you think holding on for those final 6 minutes to win is cracking, then i hope we crack like that every close game.

are you suggesting that if the shoe was on the other foot & we were finishing strongly against your mob scoring twice with 5 mins to go but lost, you wouldn't say you held on? would you accept that you cracked under pressure? i sure as hell wouldn't. and don't.

but hey...that's denial i guess.
they didnt score because they had an unforced error. You held them out for less than 2 minutes because after the error there was no shot, you kicked the ball deep and once again, another error.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and we only won because say, Ben hunt dropped the ball, twice in the final 4 minutes. Id be memeing the shit out of Ben Hunt and thanking god for that rather than saying "we held on" and claim "we didnt crack under pressure" after allowing 2 tries from a team who didnt even look like scoring until the 70th minute showing that you did in fact crack.
Once again, your arguments logic using a game where you cracked and only won because of an unforced error and why you win again here in this hypothetical is faulty and doesnt work.
Try again.

gregstar

Referee
cody dropped the ball - they didn't have an overlap. he didn't drop it with the line wide open. so how do you know the defence was going to concede another try? clearing the ball through a kick & them knocking on in their half is all part of holding them out. when were they definitely going to score? they had a chance & f*cked it. no one can say they were definitely going to score, because such an error can be made at any moment despite the momentum.
and regardless of the error and regardless of possession, it all adds up to us holding on.

if hunt dropped the ball under similar circumstances, i'd be p*ssed off with hunt but i certainly wouldn't be thinking the other team cracked under pressure or didn't hold on, and that's because we didn't f*cking win. i'd be thinking we'd cracked under pressure.

Last edited: