What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland 9's Performance

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Missed the first game only to learn that once again we are the Knights bunny, second game flogged by the Storm, ordinary stuff from Jason Taylor by playing very few recognised NRL players, even one of our rejects bagged two tries, the whole thing gets you recognition and earns some much needed revenue, Shame on you JT!.

macnaz

Staff member
Its not even the fact we sent a lot of younger guys..
The FACTS are our black eyed coach sent a side with a clear message that they ARE NOT going there to win and their effort , performance , commitment and game plan truly demonstrated that.
We should at the very least have shown some defence and attack structure that is being trained to them thoughout the grades , we should have at leaat seen what our deepth players are capable of and we should have at least shown some f**king pride in the jersey (which was shit) while we were representing the club.
What a joke for marketing to bombard my email trying to sell me nines merchandise and take my money while they simply couldnt give a shit.

AND JORDAN RANKIN CAN f**k RIGHT OFF!!

Shredder

Juniors
Taking the other side, and I hate losing as much as the next bloke.

- We arent the only team that didnt send our best. As a matter of fact, many if not half of the teams are full of youngies and non front line players.
- Would we be more upset about going three zip or losing Teddy or Moses to a season ending injury?
- Its kind of just a trial.
- More than a trial, its NRL marketing to NZ
- How did the premiers go?
- I would quite happily go embarrassed in the 9s and win 4 of the first 6.
- GIven the level from commitment from the club, I think we just about hit expectations.

macnaz

Staff member
You are totally missing the point Shredder .. its NOT who went BUT the attitude from the coach down. Pick who ever but at least provid them with some direction and purpose , not just send them over there with a defetive attitude that the club couldnt care less.
Its pathetic and an insult to the fans. That piss weak culture is what seen us get smashed at LO last round with a finals birth on the line .

macnaz

Staff member
I know we've had a heap of terrible players in our existence, but Rankin is the single worst player this club has had bar none.
I cant f**king stand the guy.. im finding it hard to watch a game with that prick in our side

Shredder

Juniors
:) I havent missed the point Mac -

Good attitude is something we have rarely had and virtually never for a whole season.

The culture within the club has been crap since day one and needs changing, agreed, but JT isnt going to be the one who does it and even if he was, he wasnt going to be able to change it in 4 months.

I think for these guys it was just a hit out in the park - and they played that way.

Shredder

Juniors
Because the NRL is the big show I guess.

Every year you year that coaches dont want to risk players on the 9s and trials.

Im with you man, Id like to win everything we play as well.

Shredder

Juniors
No I just dont expect a different result with the same squad.
We bought two players in the off season and we lost Farah and Addo Carr (and kept Rankin).
You cant expect a different result doing the same thing - Einstein said that was madness right?
This year we should play a little better than last year. Maybe just scrape into the 8.
The only reasons we should play better is that most of our squad are playing or contracts and they will have another season playing together under their belts.
Thats the reality.

We have two major problems at this club and they are not the coach or the roster (they are both minor problems).
We need a proper football manager and we need a united board.
If those two things were to happen tomorrow, we would be working to a three to five year plan.
Look at what Gould did with Penrith.

macnaz

Staff member
Still no excuse for playing like a hit in the park... send harold mathews squad if they like ... but plan, motivate and atempt to give them the best chance to achieve their potential.

Wizardman

First Grade
We looked like absolute crap. The ball movement was slow and lacked trust, defence was appaling and played with no enthusiasm. Other sides sent weak squads and played with much more zip than we did. As our games are televised and was an opportunity for promotion, I thought we failed on every level.

jadtiger

Juniors
I thought that we looked the worst team at the 9s by a long way uncoached and not caring.This is totally unacceptable the blame should be put on the coach who couldnt give a rats and management for letting him do it.

Clifferd

Coach
I know it was only 9s and we sent a reserve grade team over with the expection of a handful of nrl players but we looked totally inept in general ball skills and defence was garbage in one on one situations. Our tries were I believe all barge overs bar Josh Aloiais long range try

Ffs the last thing JT should want is to show us fans an uninspired/unskillful team heading into what could determine his future...

Clifferd

Coach
Clearly not the players or coach that's for sure. You put on a 1st grade jersey to represent a paying contract at any format of the game you give it your all and not half ass it around

What I saw from the highlights yesterday was an unmotivated, inept team that didn't look like they wanted to be there. Pathetic

Might not mean shit when the season start but certainly doesn't give the fans much excitement

Clifferd

Coach
We are so hot and cold it annoys me. Attitude was completely different today and looked a lot better

Brooks actually looked like a proper half

Vic Mackey

Referee
No rankin = beat the tournaments second favourite

Was by far the most '9s' compatible side we picked over the weekend.

Brooks was completely dominant and the defence actually committed.

Well done boys, enjoythe flight home.

Latest posts