What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland 9's Performance

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I know in 9's there is a lot of space and the kick is always on but we couldn't seem to get through sides, we were trying to go around them or beat them with a kick....it didn't inspire me with confidence anything I saw with our 9's. Other teams went through us and that did frighten me our defence will struggle this year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We need to sign a ruthless coach who will change the namby pamby, mollycoddling culture of this soft club.Otherwise our defence & grit won't improve enough for us to challenge for a title.

Taylor won't be the coach in '18 coz we've got buckleys of making the 8 under this idiots tutelage !

Radical Rat

Juniors
I know we've had a heap of terrible players in our existence, but Rankin is the single worst player this club has had bar none.
Vic, I see your Rankin and raise you a Joel Edwards. This guy is the most ineffective footballer I've ever witnessed. In the past he built his game on pulling massive hits, that's all he had to offer and now he doesn't even do that.

If Edwards plays more than 5 games this year we'll be in spoon contention.

Clifferd

Coach
Edwards is far from the worst of our worries lol.

When he hits the target he absolutely stings the attack. Can't see how that's a bad thing

Last edited:

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
We need to sign a ruthless coach who will change the namby pamby, mollycoddling culture of this soft club.Otherwise our defence & grit won't improve enough for us to challenge for a title.

Taylor won't be the coach in '18 coz we've got buckleys of making the 8 under this idiots tutelage !

Des Hasler may be available, do you think he would 'Choose' to coach us or the other merged side?.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Des Hasler may be available, do you think he would 'Choose' to coach us or the other merged side?.
If we were to retain Moses & Teddy I've got no doubt Des would prefer us.

Des would certainly change the effeminate culture of this club which habitually succumbs when the going gets tough !

Also concord is a lot closer to his place of abode @ the northern beaches than Wollongong .

He may also turn the useless Brooks into an NRL standard player although I believe even this would b beyond a brilliant coach & fabulous ex halfback like Des !

Radical Rat

Juniors
Edwards is far from the worst of our worries lol.

When he hits the target he absolutely stings the attack. Can't see how that's a bad thing

Problem is every time he touches the ball he absolutely stings our attack.

And when has he ever "hit the target" in a Tigers jersey?

He was a big time hit man for the Knights, part-time hit man for the Raiders and retired hit man for us.

So he doesn't hit the line hard, he doesn't have an offload, he can't ball play and he no longer snaps blokes in defence. Not to mention he runs in quicksand.

What exactly does he offer the side?

I'm sure he's a great bloke and the boys love him but that's not enough these days.

Clifferd

Coach
Problem is every time he touches the ball he absolutely stings our attack.

And when has he ever "hit the target" in a Tigers jersey?

He was a big time hit man for the Knights, part-time hit man for the Raiders and retired hit man for us.

So he doesn't hit the line hard, he doesn't have an offload, he can't ball play and he no longer snaps blokes in defence. Not to mention he runs in quicksand.

What exactly does he offer the side?

I'm sure he's a great bloke and the boys love him but that's not enough these days.

I agree with the stings our attack thing which he can be told to adjust accordingly. In attack tell him to only hit the ball up and be used for block plays/decoys

If he follows that our attack will be fine with him on the field, then of course in defense go nuts.

It's not like he's good enough for a starting 13 spot anyway, heck he wouldn't even make my top 17. But he makes a good back up in my books

Hence why I think he's the least of our worries

Radical Rat

Juniors
I agree with the stings our attack thing which he can be told to adjust accordingly. In attack tell him to only hit the ball up and be used for block plays/decoys

If he follows that our attack will be fine with him on the field, then of course in defense go nuts.

It's not like he's good enough for a starting 13 spot anyway, heck he wouldn't even make my top 17. But he makes a good back up in my books

Hence why I think he's the least of our worries

I agree, he's a decent back up.

My fear is that he's going to be a consistent member of the 17.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If the likes of Rankin Edwards Lovett or Milone(assuming he's still involved with the club) get much time in the 17 this season we wont finish higher than15th !