What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUST vs ZIMBABWE 1st Test

chileman

Coach
Where is my mate Tigertread when we need updates :lol: 8)

Australia 0/35 (6 ov)

Batsmen:
ML Hayden (LHB) 10
JL Langer (LHB) 25

Stumps - Day 1

Aus 3-372

Matty Hayden 183*
Steve Waugh 61*

At least channel 9 in Brisbane let us see Hayden getting his century. Unfortunately, missed out on the probably the best part of the day with Matt and Steve smashing the Zimbabwe attack all over the ground after Hayden had got his 100.

The Colonel

Immortal
The way they are heading I wouldn't put it past Haydos to get 300. He has only played maybe one false shot the whole innings.

Steve will pick up his century too. Determined little bugger that he is....

Doctor

Bench
Just about whenever I say that Steve will get his century, he falls short (besides that SCG Test this year - I had a gut feeling he'd score a century) - so this time I'm not saying anything.

Hayden missed out against Bangladesh so he was due for some runs - not that he has performed poorly, but that he would want to cash in on the chance to make lots of runs against easier opposition.

Steve Waugh is yet to register an average against Zimbabwe - I'm fairly sure the only innings he has played against them was 151* - hopefully this will remain the case.

I'd want to think Australia will notch up over at least 500 today, maybe declare, or possibly by all-out depending on how long Hayden and Waugh last for this morning. Then you've got Lehmann and Gilchrist still to come. Could be a long day for Zimbabwe.

Go Steve! 32 Test centuries and still going strong. :D

chileman

Coach
Didn't Hayden do this against the Poms too...score a double century in their first test against them after Hussain sent Aust. in to bat :?:

Anonymous

Juniors
He got 197 then played a silly shot and got out.

If Hayden is between 90-100 for more than an over he get's a serious attack of the freak outs and gets out.

Look at last night. It took him ages to get from 95-100 and no time at all to get to 183!

Anonymous

Juniors
I seriously hope he does put on a mammoth score though. Him and Steve Waugh.

How good is Steve Waugh, if he can manage a century today, thats 3 on the trot and I don't care who he is playing that is still a good effort.