What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia in India 2008 discussion thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, but I'm not the one who is confused

just so that you understand

White has a very similar trajectory/flight to Kumble, rather flat and faster than most leggies, although White seems to be flighting them a bit better since Warnie started working with him.

They both tend to bowl slightly side on, rather than chest on like most conventional leggies, hence they have a higher action and bowl predominently top spinners and alot of wrongun's rather than leggies. And when they do bowl a conventional leggie, it doesn't turn like a Warnie or McGilla.

Stats guru probably wont tell you all that.

oxenham

Juniors
Well you know our spin stocks are going terribly if White is considered our top spinner at the moment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
1 for 199

great debut from Krezja

accoring to the scorecard, he took 0/199 - 31 overs

I bet the indians are preying there asses off australia pick him

At least White is a more of a handy bat if they must pick a spinner

lockyno1

Post Whore
White will hardly be the worst option. IMO I like the idea of playing for a draw so to speak- pick White bat him at 8, and bat till we get out- we still hold the trophy. A drawn series would be a good result for us.

JJ

Immortal
wow, real sign that things have slipped if before a series, Australia is viewing a drawn series as a good result...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
most people would be happy with a drawn series in India, however Punter has talked the team up in his recent interviews, he is aiming at a series win

Locky doesn't speak for the Aussie team

Red Bear

Referee
I'd rather go for the win, its the only way to play cricket. Unless there are masses of rain or we are 5/100, 300 behind with a session to play, i'd prefer not to go for the draw.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes but sometimes you have to be smart, lets pick our strongest batting lineup first and foremost

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think before going for a win, we have to earn the right to and be in a position to

agree with locky, we simply must be able to score runs and score big to have any chance of winning

hopefully the bowlers can do real well and its business as usual ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly, if our batsmen score 400-500 we are a chance, otherwise we just don't have the bowlers to defend low scores

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rather White than D.Hussey in 4-5 dayers as spin bowlers. Hussey is a batsmen first and foremost

Latest posts