What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v New Zealand - 'ANZAC' Test Match Day Thread

LeagueXIII

First Grade
This game needs to be after the origin game to allow NZ a decent build up.

Whilst the Australian players occupy themselves with origin NZ need to play two lead up tests against Samoa or PNG for example which then leads into the Australia v NZ game.

Gives the Kiwis two games to build upon.

The Partisan

Well I'm glad I made the late call to catch the 2015 rain delayed game.

• Sunny Sunday arvo at Suncorp Stadium ( went there after watching the Qld v NSW Residents game at Easts Home ground)
  • Great vocal crowd in
  • Competitive game
  • Rare Kiwis win
One of the best Internationals I've attended.

I was doing the washing up and tidying the lounge room by the 30min mark last night !
Disappointing but hoping the 'real deal' Kiwis turn up in October.

jim_57

Staff member
I think an Annual mid-year test between England and NZ will do wonders for both. I'd add in England playing France and NZ playing Pacific Cup winners every year to try somewhat to combat the Origin preperation Australia get.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So where England....losing that world cup semi final,then losing them very tight games in the 2014 4 nations,a finger tip from beating Oz and a technical draw v NZ,we had a penalty 20m out straight in front with 60sec left...in a normal test we'd have taken the 2 to draw,but we needed the win.then beating NZ in the test series in 2015....then we hired Wayne effing bennet

Yes, England puzzle me. Quality side, can beat NZL regularly but seem to have a mental block against Australia. I thought that would diminish as more and more English players excel in the NRL but hasn't happened yet. Both England and NZL look scary on paper, I just wish they could believe in themselves more.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
How the hell is Kidwell coaching the NZ national team? What is his pedigree? I make it that the Kiwis have won just 1 of their last 8 tests.

I don't know. This current generation should be the Kiwis best ever, surely they need to head-hunt the very best coach available to win as much silverware as possible for the next 8 to 10 years