What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v New Zealand

shiznit

Coach
And well done boys... :clap:
image.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sure thing....kicking did not win it.

No dispute kiwis showed how to a game.

Just like when England won...and Australia.

The 12 for the kiwis has always impressed me...would make a great centre in league.

Anyways well done you are the best at that game.

Rod

Bench
The 12 for the kiwis has always impressed me...would make a great centre in league

I always thought Nonu would have made a great league player. There was a period there about 6 or so years ago when his career was at a bit of a crossroads, if the Warriors or someone else had had a crack at him then he may have come across to league. He re-established himself in the AB's though and never looked back.

Anyway well done Wallabies, you put up a good fight (and don't play boring rugby like the South Africans), but this is a pretty special AB's team. Classy display from your blokes after the final whistle as well, they could teach your cricket team and your media a thing or two in that regard.

Last edited:

BODISGOD

Bench
I always thought Nonu would have made a great league player. There was a period there about 6 or so years ago when his career was at a bit of a crossroads, if the Warriors or someone else had had a crack at him then he may have come across to league. He re-established himself in the AB's though and never looked back.

Anyway well done Wallabies, you put up a good fight (and don't play boring rugby like the South Africans), but this is a pretty special AB's team. Classy display from your blokes after the final whistle as well, they could teach your cricket team and your media a thing or two in that regard.

Nonu signed a contract with the Tigers in 2007 but never returned the contract after having his mind changed.

JJ

Immortal
I'm shocked at some of the BS from Australians

Only period Aust looked at all threatening was when we were down a man... not sure we should have been anyway, Owens made up his mind then the video ref kept haranguing him...

We dominated every aspect, daylight between the teams imo

RoosTah

Juniors

Only period Aust looked at all threatening was when we were down a man... not sure we should have been anyway, Owens made up his mind then the video ref kept haranguing him...

To be fair, Owens had to send Smith off... he picked a player up between the legs and lifted him well above the horizontal. Didn't leave him much choice.

The All Blacks controlled the game pretty expertly, but losing both Douglas and Giteau early in the first half was pretty devastating to us - our line out completely fell apart and our tactical kicking just wasn't on song.

Well done to the ABs - honestly deserve this world cup after the last 4 years, and as an Aussie it's not like we haven't had much to cheer about with this year's ODI WC and the Kangaroos being so awesome in what was a surprisingly good RLWC in 2013.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wallabies coach Michael Cheika has been recognised for his rapid transformation of the national team with the World Rugby Coach of the Year Award.

Cheika took over the Wallabies’ reins less than a year out from the World Cup, on the eve of the team’s 2014 Spring Tour, which they finished with one win from four matches.

Splitting the role with the NSW Waratahs head coaching job during the Super Rugby season, Cheika worked to build a whole squad mentality with regular player briefings during the season.

Cheika led the Wallabies to their first Rugby Championship win since 2011, including a victory over New Zealand in Sydney, putting opponents on notice in the lead-up to the World Cup.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...2/Michael-Cheika-named-Coach-of-the-Year.aspx

Clifferd

Coach

Agree but to be fair that was probably our worst game of the tournament

General play fumbling and our line out was embarrassing gifting the blacks cheap possession. Not trying to discredit the wallabies or you guys but in key areas we were pretty bad

Interesting to see how things go with you guys next year and onwards though

Rod

Bench
We'll still be good but if I had to look at it slightly negatively I think that might have been our very finest hour. It will be very hard to top losing only 3 games between victorious World Cups campaigns.

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll obviously still be good next year but maybe take a year or two to peak again. The last 4 or so years aside, we had a bit of a habit of peaking between World Cups. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again around the Lions tour when guys like Sam Cane who will replace McCaw, really start to find their feet.

Parra

Referee

I'm not sure what BS you are referring to. It's all been very respectful from what I can see.

I could give you a few things to ponder from that match, but there's no use crying over spilled milk.

JoeD

First Grade
One talking point from the match that has been ignored was how long Ben smith spent in the bin. The 2nd wallaby try was scored when he was off the field 11.5 minutes after he left. Considering the saturation of coverage the game has gotten in NZ I'm surprised no one has really brought it up.

shiznit

Coach
One talking point from the match that has been ignored was how long Ben smith spent in the bin. The 2nd wallaby try was scored when he was off the field 11.5 minutes after he left. Considering the saturation of coverage the game has gotten in NZ I'm surprised no one has really brought it up.
It's never 10mins exactly... It's the 10mins and then they bring the player back on in the next stoppage in play.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It's never 10mins exactly... It's the 10mins and then they bring the player back on in the next stoppage in play.

Yeah I figured that was what had happened, kinda shit luck for us but didn't cost the game luckily.

Last edited: