What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V. South Africa : 2nd ODI

TheParraboy

Staff member
IMO its hard to blame Lee,

he lost a lot of fluids whilst batting
they dont get replaced straight away into the system
He was drained and exhausted, not the sort of scenario you want your top bowler to have before he bowls a ball.

He would have bowled heaps better had he got out for zero imo
but then again Australia would have only made 120 :?

Our top and middle order cost us the game, simple as that

Iafeta

Referee
I wouldn't put the blame on the bowlers, it was the lower order batting wise and the top of the bowling order that got Australia into it from where your top order almost relegated the team to runners up.

Some of the shots played in that first innings to get out were very ordinary. I saw nothing in that deck that didn't make me think Australia were 30-40 runs short of where a good team like Australia should have been.

Great bowling though by Shaun Pollock. And Kemp/Boucher are very good closers of an innings, while Hussey is becoming another Bevan, Kemp for me looks to be another Klusener. Its uncanny the similarities under pressure.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was nice to see Kemp smoke Lee for that six, after Bondy received the same treatment in a pressure situation a few months ago. Although the one he hit off Bond was a lot bigger than that one, one of the biggest sixes I've ever seen.

Parra Guru

Coach
El Diablo said:
well Bond isn't as good as Lee

I would say he is just as good, if not better.

It's hard to compare them as they have both been in and out of test cricket for a while. Bond is very injury prone, I'd like to see how NZ go over a period of time with him fully fit.

JJ

Immortal
Injuries aside, when Bond has played he's been as good if not better in ODIs, and far far better in tests

Blaze

Juniors
El Diablo said:
well Bond isn't as good as Lee

They are both great ODI bowlers. Lee is the best ODI bowler in the world IMO but Bond isn't far behind him, and if he doesn't get injured this year it should be a great battle between the two of them.

Bond is a mroe complete bowler though IMO and has more of an idea of what he is trying to achieve through plans and has more tricks in his bag and is therefore a better test bowler. He is a great thinker.

You can't really make a comparison though because Bond has been injured for so long.

If you were to go by the pre injured Bond and compare him to Lee then Bond would sh*t all over him. I think if they both stay fit this year then we will get more of an idea of who is better.

btw - What are your reasons for saying Lee sh*ts on Bond from a great height?

Iafeta

Referee
Bond is magic, no doubt, I'd like to however see him do it consistently without injury for a year or two. He's not as quick as Lee these days, although I think he bowls a better line and length consistently.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
suck it up big man!

the last thing you should be doing is getting excited about a tip actually getting up.

is this a first?

next will be your virginity ;-)

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
the last thing you should be doing is getting excited about a tip actually getting up.

is this a first?

next will be your virginity ;-)

here's hoping :lol:

Latest posts