What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs England: 1st Ashes Test in Brisbane Nov 25-29

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Here is a comparison between Andersons and Johnsons pitch map

johnsonanderson.jpg

undertaker

Coach

Yep. The highest ever crowd at the Gabba for a test match was the 1st test of the 2006/07 Ashes series (164747). When I watched the first four days of this series' test, even though the stadium looked a lot more packed than usual test matches at the Gabba that don't involve England, the stadium didn't look as full as that first test of the 2006/07 series.

Just to make the comparison of the days 1-5 crowd attendances:

1st test 2006/07 (39288, 39315, 38719, 37056, 10349)
1st test 2010/11 (35389, 34045, 34615, 21677, 7088)

I'll be interested to see what the Adelaide test attendances are like, considering that the stadium has been renovated recently. I don't know what the current capacity of Adelaide Oval is (in 2006/07, it was about 33000).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just heard Harris and Bollinger have been called up to make a 13 man squad for the second test. Apparently they will be fighting with Johnson for his position, meaning everyone else appears to be retained.

Woeful. North and Siddle do not deserve to be there. I don't give a sh*t how many f**king wickets he took in the first innings, his bowling in the second innings was back to his usual woeful sh*thouse best.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
siddle gets six on a sh*t pitch and you want to dump him? wake up you mongs

It wasn't sh*t on day 1 moffo and the humidity was much higher making the ball swing more.

They are probably the best conditions for bowling that he'll see all summer.

Adelaide will be flat and dry, then you can judge him as a bowler without getting assistance from the pitch.