What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs Germany - International Friendly

As fast as it became 1-1 it's 2-1 to Australia!!! All of those who criticised Osieck for being another hack can officialy shut the f**k up we've played with more ticker than in any game post-Hiddink

weasel

First Grade
It's a good boost for our ego, but honestly this match has been utterly worthless for our development. At least half of the starting side should not be in our plans for 2014 World Cup. Kruse the only young player given any decent game time.

Slackboy72

Coach
Could have, should have, would have but didn't.
Well done boys, so England, Netherlands, Germany, what other Euro goliaths haven't we pantsed?

DB

First Grade
Man I had Brazil to beat Scotland into Australia and Germany to draw in a multi.

Stupid Australia winning. :sarcasm:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Early Uni start meant I missed the game, but for those interested it's replayed at 20:30 on FS1 tonight.

From the reports I've read it sounds as if we played quite well - even if the Germans were at best half strength.

Could have, should have, would have but didn't.
Well done boys, so England, Netherlands, Germany, what other Euro goliaths haven't we pantsed?

How could you forget France? We beat them when they were the current world and European champions at virtually full strength with Zidane which was also the night Muscat sealed his legacy as Australia's biggest merkin.

Beating England was no different to beating Uzbekistan, too easy.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
As fast as it became 1-1 it's 2-1 to Australia!!! All of those who criticised Osieck for being another hack can officialy shut the f**k up we've played with more ticker than in any game post-Hiddink

Osieck sh*ts all over Verbleak, but that doesn't mean he is perfect. Still don't think he should play two grafters in central midfield.

Anyway, we beat a very good team at home. Puts a smile on my dial.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Early Uni start meant I missed the game, but for those interested it's replayed at 20:30 on FS1 tonight.

From the reports I've read it sounds as if we played quite well - even if the Germans were at best half strength.

they were alot better than half strength and they played at home,

that was a pretty good win imo.

they were alot better than half strength and they played at home,

that was a pretty good win imo.

No they weren't. Neuer, Khedira, Lahm, Özil, Aogo, Mertesacker, Badstuber and Klose were missing from the starting 11 and only Klose played at all, they were definitely at half strength but we played well and we can add this to his already ordinary resume :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fair read that,

but when I said they were better than half strength I still stand by that

I mean I know they had half a dozen players out as TT stated but its not as though we were playing against 6 men, their replacements are pretty handy and their depth is so much better than ours.

fish eel

Immortal
fair read that,

but when I said they were better than half strength I still stand by that

I mean I know they had half a dozen players out as TT stated but its not as though we were playing against 6 men, their replacements are pretty handy and their depth is so much better than ours.

But Twiz, while their replacements are good, they just cant replace players like Ozil and Lahm

That being said, whatever side Germany put out will always have some quality. It was a good win.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
But Twiz, while their replacements are good, they just cant replace players like Ozil and Lahm

That being said, whatever side Germany put out will always have some quality. It was a good win.

Exactly.

As Les pointed out, Germany has 6.3 million registered footballers. Which dwarfs whatever Australia's figures are. Their U21's could compete with a lot of national teams imo.