What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia Vs New Zealand, Twickenham Stoop

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flamin

Juniors
Aus:

1. Billy Slater
2. Brett Morris
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Ben Hannant
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Brett White
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Paul Gallen
17. Kurt Gidley

NZ:

1. Lance Hohaia
2. Sam Perrett
3. Steve Matai
4. Junior Sa'u
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Benji Marshall (capt)
7. Nathan Fien
8. Jeff Lima
9. Issac Luke
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Bronson Harrison
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Adam Blair

Thomas Leuluai
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Iosia Soliola
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Kieran Foran
Ben Matulino
(two to be omitted)

Australia by 12.

Hanscholo

Bench
NZ imo, by 4. The problems the aussie side has had over the last two seasons are still there. A weak back row, and a couple of absolute turnstiles in the halves. NZ should be able to take advantage of that. We keep picking NRL sides rather than test sides, we need size and work rate in back row and while they are there in patches those guys are very easily bullied out of a game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
one of the weaker aussie packs and bench i can remember. i think the kiwi pack sh*ts all over ours. its just a shame their bench is so poor.

still, the halves and backs should get us home. aussies by 14.

LESStar58

Referee
Roos by at least 14. I'm looking forward to getting up on Sunday morning for my last little fix of football before the off-season.

roughyedspud

Coach
can't believe how close some of you think it'll be...or that even NZ will win :lol:

australia are going to wallop em'

roopy

Referee
Australia always believe their own publicity and forget they have to do more than just show up for the first game.
This is the game they are most likely to lose.

roughyedspud

Coach
and some of you are believing that NZ winning the world cup actually caused a change in the natural order of things........it did'nt

australia are still clearly the best side in the world but are prone to lapses against both NZ & england (over the last 10-11 years they have a win ratio of 1 win every 5games...roughly..)

NZ are capable of handing england a beating...likewise england are capable of handing NZ a beating...or it'll be a tight 6-10 game...

THAT! gentlemen....is how it is.....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Australia always believe their own publicity and forget they have to do more than just show up for the first game.
This is the game they are most likely to lose.

Australia have only lost the opening match of a tournament or a series twice in 10 years. Tri Nations in 2005, there was a draw in 04, and they lost the opening test of the Ashes in 01.

If anything, New Zealand arent as strong in the begining of their campaigns. Why? cohesion? maybe.

Ridders

Coach
Australia FTW. Comfortably too.

It's the Final that will have me worried. We've been shown up there on a couple of occasions in recent years.

fourplay

Juniors
are Brent Webb and Krisnan Inu injured?

Both would be better at fullback than Hohaia. I'd have Hohaia on the bench to come on at hooker.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
are Brent Webb and Krisnan Inu injured?

Both would be better at fullback than Hohaia. I'd have Hohaia on the bench to come on at hooker.

i think webb is injured but inu is in the team.

cant see how goodwin made the team ahead of him. inu had a brilliant end to the season.

Billythekid

First Grade
i think webb is injured but inu is in the team.

cant see how goodwin made the team ahead of him. inu had a brilliant end to the season.

Inu is a better player than any of the 1-5 who were picked.

Plus IMO he has close to the highest leap in the game and could have actually competed with Inglis, Hayne and Folau. As is i get the feeling NZ will struggle to shut down any high balls.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Looking at the NZ team i just cant help but see a weakness at fullback and the wings.

Morris and Hayne will be lining up against Goodwin and Perrett. Its no contest.

And Hohaia at fullback? PUH-LEASE!

It just makes me wonder how much better NZ would have been with Manu Vatuvei and Taniela Tuiaki on the wings and IMO Sam Perrett at fullback (or even Nightingale for that matter). Would of made for a much stronger NZ team.

Latest posts