What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Schooloboys v NZ Under 18's

nrlnrl

First Grade
Game 2 is live on Fox League this Saturday from 8:30am. As most of you know, Zac Lomax is in the Aussie side & Steve Marsters will be in the NZ Under 18 team.

New Zealand 18s squad for Game 2:

Upper Central: Hayze Perham; Akarana: Matt Timoko, Tyler Slade, Soane Hufanga; Northland: Paul Turner; Southern: Jordan Riki; Counties Manukau: Dylan Tavita; St George Illawarra Dragons: Steven Marsters; Gold Coast Titans: Jackson Paulo, Darius Farmer; South Sydney Rabbitohs: Mawene Hiroti; Parramatta Eels: Joseph Taipari, Vallance Harris; Cronulla Sharks: Fine Kula; North Queensland Cowboys: Peter Hola, Sean Mullany; Melbourne Storm: Kelma Tuilagi; Sydney Roosters: Phillip Makatoa

Game 1 was played yesterday, but not covered on tv - Aussies won 26-18

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU17...s-defeated-by-australian-schoolboys-26-18.htm

possm

Coach
I'm tipping Lomax to not only get a run in first grade in 2018, he will soon become our first choice goal kicker. I think he will soon after be elevated to right centre and eventually to be our long term fullback. He will follow in the footsteps of the great Changa Langlands.

denis preston

First Grade
I'm tipping Lomax to not only get a run in first grade in 2018, he will soon become our first choice goal kicker. I think he will soon after be elevated to right centre and eventually to be our long term fullback. He will follow in the footsteps of the great Changa Langlands.

Hope your'e right Possm but you forgot one important criteria , the bloody coach has to change the way he picks sides and stop being so conservative. He also has favourites and i would be suprised if this kid gets a go. Jesus , Luciano lost weight got more involved but still didn't crack it for one game last year.

denis preston

First Grade

Well done Poss , the club agrees with you ! They have put in place the opportunity for him to play NRL next year.Yes he looks like he can play fullback , centre & winger just like the great Chang. Only hurdle is the great thinker of a coach.
On this subject i reckon i would be saying to Mary that we have taken another responsibility off your shoulders , picking the side ! I'd hope he would then resign ( leave ! ) on principle. Like the old office worker back to the mail room trick !

Dragsters

First Grade

I'd like to see him get a crack at right centre at some point...

watatank

Coach
Only watched the second half when it was 10-4 to the Australia team. NZ scored early in the second half but it was all Australia after that, scoring 30 unanswered points to win 40-8.

Lomax was at left centre, didn't see much quality ball but looked comfortable in that role. He kicked 5/6 goals and kicked a well placed attacking bomb which makes you think he has more to his game.

Most of the ball went right with the five eighth (who was probably the real halfback) and right edge backrower dominating play.

Don't think Marsters played, or if he did I didn't notice.

St Tangles

Bench
Masters was ruled out due to concussion I think.
The 5/8 Boyd & The second rower Fafita both had blinders (both signed to the Broncos?).
As stated by watatank Lomax never looked out of place but most of the ball went the other way.