What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian tour of South Africa.

Timbo

Staff member
Don't forget Paul Rofe.

f**k me the Redbacks have produced some trundlers.

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/jack...-australia-tour-south-africa-smith/2018-02-13

South Australia paceman Chadd Sayers is a late addition to Australia's touring party for the South Africa Test series, after fellow quick Jackson Bird was ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Bird injured his hamstring on Saturday, during Tasmania's Sheffield Shield clash with Queensland in Brisbane, leaving the field immediately after pulling up sore from a delivery, and is expected to be sidelined for the next two to three weeks.

Australia head coach Darren Lehmann said yesterday the back-up paceman, who most recently played the fourth Ashes Test, would undergo a medical assessment, and today, skipper Steve Smith confirmed the withdrawal of the 31-year-old.

"It's disappointing for Jackson, but it's exciting for Chadd at the same time," said Smith, fronting the press after winning last night's AB Medal. "It's a like-for-like (replacement), they're both pretty similar. They both stand the seam up nicely and Chadd's been rewarded for what he's done in Shield cricket over the last couple of years."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Bird was pretty average in the Ashes test that he played

billygilmore

Juniors
agree

all tests "live"

and the media overage has been amazingly over the moon.....world wide.

Yep, good chance of squaring the series and keeping our unbeaten record in SA intact despite Starc clearly playing injured and the GOAT not firing, shows how great the Aussie depth is. Be great to square the series without a century being scored either

The ‘Chadd’ bowls f**k*ng rubbish,how on earth did this bloke become our next in line opening bowler,our selectors need to be ar#e#h*oled.

Eelectrica

Referee
I really wouldn't mind Pattinson getting himself right and being the backup if for Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood.

Timbo

Staff member
The ‘Chadd’ bowls f**k*ng rubbish,how on earth did this bloke become our next in line opening bowler,our selectors need to be ar#e#h*oled.

I think he'd be pretty effective in England or NZ with the way he bowls.

Latest posts