What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Author: Ian Heads

magpie_man

Juniors
Ian has authored a number of books on Rugby league, his lastest is "The Great Grand Final Heist" about the 1969 NSWRL Grand Final between Balmian and South Sydney.
I haven't had a chance to read it yet but have always enjoyed his work.
Here's a link to his conversation with Richard Fidler on ABC Radio from last week, a very interesting listen and a great walk down memory lane even regarding the geography and demographics of Sydney back in the '60s:

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/conversations-ian-heads-2017/8729758

King hit

Coach
This guy is probably the best Rugby League writer and historian. I read the night the music died at the start of the year and can't wait to read this book as well. There is sure to be some spikey stuff in this book.

King hit

Coach
Not Ian Heads related but I just finished reading 'their finest hour' about the RLWC. It was a good book, I really liked how he went into the minnow nations so it wasn't just centred on Australia, England and New Zealand. Can't wait to read Head's new book but I think I will read a non sport book first.

IMG_4326.JPG