What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn 2016

Lemon Squash

First Grade
A sight for sore eyes with some carnival horses beginning to kick of their campaigns over the next week or so.

Thought I'd kick us off a thread.

Any horses people are particularly looking forward to seeing come back this time in?

Tulsa is back in this week in the Manfred Stakes, had no luck at all last prep and was still a big baby. On what he produced though I think he has the ability to be a pretty serious horse.

Finally draws a gate here and there should be speed on in this, I think he can swamp a pretty smart field. It will be short of his best distance but as long as he doesn't look like Richie Callander after a buffet dinner I will be backing him EW at nice odds.

First Seal is the other horse I am keen to see back, how quickly people forget this girl used to eat Winx for breakfast as a 3yo. Obviously horses can improve over time but I'm sure she is at least still in Winx's league, will be interesting to see her back to her best.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Alpine Eagle the big one for me. Gutted he got injured as it had a massive chance last prep in the major races

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'm pretty sure I actually remember reading something a few weeks back that Alpine Eagle was no certainty to return in time for the Autumn?

Hopefully that's not the case, I think the horse has a bit of freak factor about him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tulsa was pathetic yesterday if he was 'ready to be raced' I'm the Pope. Looked half fit at best, didn't attack the line one bit...and no I didn't have money on it!

On the positive had $20 on Shakespearen Lass

lockyno1

Post Whore
I never said anything about Fame Game(that was media),im saying something about Hartley

Haynetrain > Media

I'll believe it when I see it. Japanese conditions are quite different. Not saying it won't do well but I'm waiting for the horse to do well in Australia. Would need to trial well over here

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Pride of Dubai has been retired

So much pressure from the Breeding Industry, waited a whole year to get him back to the track and after one bad run they pull the pin.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hartley isn't coming to Australia,its only just turned 3,i just mentioned it for some reason cos its gonna be a gun.

Turn Me Loose and Xtravagant are my horses for the Autumn in Australia.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Pride of Dubai has been retired

So much pressure from the Breeding Industry, waited a whole year to get him back to the track and after one bad run they pull the pin.

lol i laughed when i read about his retirement this morning,not at his injury of course but what you said about breeding.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Still no idea why no Aussie studs have tried to buy a son of Deep Impact to race AND OR stand here.

He seems to be a freak sire.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Still no idea why no Aussie studs have tried to buy a son of Deep Impact to race AND OR stand here.

He seems to be a freak sire.

Im still pissed Deep Impact never won that Arc,he was first up in the Arc from a 3 month layoff if i remember(no leadup run) and they rode him closer to the pace than normal

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Deep impacts win in the Tenno Sho was one of the best I have seen, he's a freak on and off the track.

Latest posts