What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn 2017

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I had a good lash at Defcon, it loomed up like it was going to do something but then blew out late. Reminded me of a young Lemon Squash trying to approach a sort at the bar.

I like Ocean Embers in the last, pretty keen too. Hopefully still have money by then.

coolsteve

Juniors
well , haven`t seen that before. had a laugh at the trainers son half pumping his fist in the air, dad goes `calm down` followed by a sneaky fist pump from son

Lemon Squash

First Grade
A table of lads at the pub im at must have been on Polarisation #nothappyjan

If there was serious risk though there was no other option

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I had a good lash at Defcon, it loomed up like it was going to do something but then blew out late. Reminded me of a young Lemon Squash trying to approach a sort at the bar.

I like Ocean Embers in the last, pretty keen too. Hopefully still have money by then.

I'm want to go drown this thing in the Ocean

Sphagnum

Coach
Rena's Lady will win the Oaks

I smashed that thing in the Adrian Knox at 40/1 that year. Mate of mine knew one of the owners and they were all doing a rain dance because she had flippers. Huge day.

She went around at about $2.70 in the oaks iirc.

Every merkin who asked me for a tip at the local got told and not a single one of them backed it. I told them all to get farked when they wanted me to buy them all a beer with the winnings. Don't ask for a tip if you're not going to have a few bucks on it.

Sphagnum

Coach
I consider myself a bit of an oaks/derby guru. Some of the winners I've backed

bulta - 100/1
Mon mekki - 100/1
Ethiopia - 30/1
Lasqueti spirit - 150/1
Lion tamer - 20/1

Off the top of my head

Always looking for 3yos who will stay the trip most of them didn't win much in the lead up.

to_ddeath

Coach

Backed it too & was confident topping the rise in a bunched field to boot..went from Defcon to Defcont in less than a furlong.