What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn 2018

to_ddeath

Coach
It wasn’t the worst inn that race. I know it hadn’t won for ages but it was the class horse.

No didn’t bet on that race- only had 1 bet and that was at Caulfield.

Class horse? On what planet?
The 3 behind it all had far superior form heading into it.
Only the bad barrier prevented the runner up from winning again.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Class horse? On what planet?
The 3 behind it all had far superior form heading into it.
Only the bad barrier prevented the runner up from winning again.

It’s no mug, it’s won better races than this before. Barrier probably beat the runner up and was a good reason why I stayed out of the race. Was a race where I wasn’t shocked to see a roughie win. All the favourites drew terrible gates. At that track more than others gates play a huge role.

Foz

Bench
It’s no mug, it’s won better races than this before. Barrier probably beat the runner up and was a good reason why I stayed out of the race. Was a race where I wasn’t shocked to see a roughie win. All the favourites drew terrible gates. At that track more than others gates play a huge role.
When I did the form on that race I noticed Liapari raced against Dreamforce over 1400m a couple of years ago when Liapari first came over from NZ.There was 1.5kg difference and Liapari flashed home and just missed beating Dreamforce that day.
Ok I know it’s 2 years on but I think the difference last Saturday was 3 kg or 3.5kg(can’t remember exactly) but it was the same distance.
Liapari hadn’t won 2nd up but I think it was placed 3 out of 4 runs.
Don’t shoot me if that infos wrong but was what I was working on.
It had won 1200-1600m so despite it running in some of those 1900-2000m races 1400 m was probably its best distance.
Why do I mention this?
I was going to back Liapari and was waiting for the best price.I thought it was going to be about 20/1.Dreamforce I assume was going to be one of the favourites so thought it was worth throwing a few dollars on.
Hadn’t put my bet on and got a call from my son who was left at work without a lift home.
I thought bugger it got in the car and went to pick him up.
Listened to the race in the car and we know the result.
Didn’t get any better when it paid $41 or whatever.

to_ddeath

Coach
When I did the form on that race I noticed Liapari raced against Dreamforce over 1400m a couple of years ago when Liapari first came over from NZ.There was 1.5kg difference and Liapari flashed home and just missed beating Dreamforce that day.
Ok I know it’s 2 years on but I think the difference last Saturday was 3 kg or 3.5kg(can’t remember exactly) but it was the same distance.
It had won 1200-1600m so despite it running in some of those 1900-2000m races 1400 m was probably its best distance.
Why do I mention this?
I was going to back Liapari and was waiting for the best price.I thought it was going to be about 20/1.Dreamforce I assume was going to be one of the favourites so thought it was worth throwing a few dollars on.
Hadn’t put my bet on and got a call from my son who was left at work without a lift home.

There is some logic to that analysis...often middle distance horses with staying form can lift over 1300-1400 as a lot of genuine sprinters can't get the trip strongly unless all the breaks go their way.

Foz

Bench
There is some logic to that analysis...often middle distance horses with staying form can lift over 1300-1400 as a lot of genuine sprinters can't get the trip strongly unless all the breaks go their way.
In my head I was wondering if the second up form was correct as Liapari had 30 something starts but only 3 or 4 second up runs.I thought that’s pretty rare if correct but it must be an iron horse.
Now I wasn’t sure if it was second up over 1400m or second up lifetime starts.

That’s when the phone rang and i basically walked out the door not placing the bet.I still haven’t bothered looking into it.Too late now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why do I mention this?
The joys of punting.

Latest posts