What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anonymous

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Willow, what jersy is Langlands wearing there? Sorry if i sound ignorant but that sure doesnt look like a red v
I'm not 100% sure GTB but I do know the pic was taken prior to 1964 and it appears to be a training session. It was from the book called 'How To Play Rugby League', published in 1964.
book_cover.jpg

My guess is that it's one of his junior jerseys... perhaps the Wollongong jersey from the time.

Southernsaint

Staff member
OVP - Still waiting for you to confirm the 50 point start you're giving Saints on Friday night. I'd like to wager $50 with you. Winnings go to the charity of the winners choice...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Red Bear

Referee
It could be the old Wollongong jersy's, although i have no idea what they were like. I just know the new wollongong jersy's are red v's.

Anonymous

Juniors
Yeah, it's hard to say. If you have a look, there's a couple of white bands on the arms as well.
I've actually been asked this a few times now so I might have to get from the horses mouth.
Cheers.

Rexxy

Coach
Southernsaint said:
OVP - Still waiting for you to confirm the 50 point start you're giving Saints on Friday night. I'd like to wager $50 with you. Winnings go to the charity of the winners choice...

Cheers,
Ben S.

I'll have the same bet with Tommy Smith. Proceedes to families who have had thier lives destroyed by drink drivers. Tommy thin ks drink driving is fun and acceptable. Thats why his hero is a convicted drink driver.

Saint 60

Juniors
Willow that jersey actually got me also....
I found this on the History site and am still non the wiser as to the jersey----

Graeme 'Changa' Langlands hailed from Wollongong. In '55, '56, & '57 he represented NSW combined high schools. At the age of 18, he played first grade for Wollongong in the strong Southern Division competition in 1960. He represented Country when they defeated City 18-8 in 1962.

Anonymous

Juniors
Saint 60 said:
Willow that jersey actually got me also....
I found this on the History site and am still non the wiser as to the jersey----

Graeme 'Changa' Langlands hailed from Wollongong. In '55, '56, & '57 he represented NSW combined high schools. At the age of 18, he played first grade for Wollongong in the strong Southern Division competition in 1960. He represented Country when they defeated City 18-8 in 1962.
I've sent the pic off by email with the question and asked his publicist if she can pass on the question. I think I've got the right email addy. We'll see if the message comes back.
Cheers.

Saint 60

Juniors
Also if i hadnt seen that photo on a few different sites, id swear that wasnt Langlands :?: -- altho i must admit he never passed the ball to me lol

make sure u let us know how it turns out please... :)

Latest posts