What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWARDS NIGHT - F7s 2004: HERE IT IS!

Anonymous

Juniors
G'day everyone, glad you could make it to the Forum 7s awards night.

During the 2004 season, the F7s saw 9 teams compete over 9 rounds, culminating in 'The BackPacker Shield' semi-final series and Grand Final.

In addition, we managed to fit in three mid-season representative matches and we're now currently in the middle of out very own tri-nations series.

By the time the rep season is complete, we would have seen no less that 46 matches over the last 7 months. That's over 460 essays!

This is without a doubt the most successful F7s season since it's beginnings in 2002. And if the upcoming Possibles v Probables tournament is anything to go on, the 2005 season will be bigger than ever.

A special thanks to the refs and to antonius who found himself looking after two matches every round when our good mate 'The Backpacker' sadly passed away earlier in the year.

In all, there were no less than 105 players during 2004.

42 players put in five games or more and two players (Thierry Henry and Genius Freak) played every game that was on offer.

I hope you all enjoyed it and here's hoping to see most of you again in 2005.

For more info on players, check out the F7s website at http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com and follow the link to the teams and players. There's numerous super human efforts and team players a-plenty... all team members are worthy of congratuations as are the captains and acting captains who keep the teams together.

Now, with nothing much ado, I'll ask everyone to hoe into the free Spumante and get ready for the galah event known as the Forum Sevens Awards of 2004...

Anonymous

Juniors
Forum Sevens Captain of the Year
Congratulations...
Roosterboy60 (Lions)
awards04rb60.gif

roosterboy60

Juniors
WHAT!

Willow, I thought you had got it, and it would of been derserved. I hadn't done a speech so here goes:

Thanks to all of my team mates at the Lions, without you this wouldn't be possible. Thank you so much.

Thanks to everyone that helped me, to Ozzie thank you very much. And to the great BP, this one's for you mate!

Thank you everyone!

Robster

Bench
well done roosterboy60 , a great champ with plenty of spark a huge improver in this game, *shakes hand* well done son :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Forum Sevens Referee of the Year
The Backpacker
awards04bp.gif

The votes for the above were very tight with every referee in the running.

Rexxy

Coach
Yep.Great choice.

(sory im late, someone was chopping the biggest lines of coke you ever saw, in the Green Room)