What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Tigers podcast - Fifth and Last

Mario chalmers

Juniors
https://audioboom.com/posts/5727940-round-4-2017?t=0

These blokes know footy. One of them called the Tigers reggies game last weekend and had a lot of knowledge regarding players

First 20 min assesses Tigers current predicament in some detail. One of the blokes said he had mail Matt Elliot was in the mix!

The key point is the one they make at the end - basically they say NRL non-performers should be tapped on the shoulder now by new coach in favour of giving kids a run. Specific names mentioned were Heleta, Masters and Paseka

From the 17 that played last weekend I'd be looking to dump
Naiqama
Littlejohn
Edwards
Lovett

to be replaced by
Heleta
Masters
Paseka
Felise
Definitely worth a listen

Tiger Woody

Juniors
i would add Lawrence to your 4.He has been ordinary last 2 games..Whats wrong with his hands?.
He has come to his use by date...Only off the bench if at all..
Pity as he seems like a decent type of guy.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The biggest regular non -performer in this club is the 7.How he continues to hold an nrl gig with us shows how damn weak the coaching staff/selectors r.LJ should picked ahead of this pathetic impostor & management should develop the balls to tell Isaac Moses that we can't justify making him any offer.

Clifferd

Coach
The biggest regular non -performer in this club is the 7.How he continues to hold an nrl gig with us shows how damn weak the coaching staff/selectors r.LJ should picked ahead of this pathetic impostor & management should develop the balls to tell Isaac Moses that we can't justify making him any offer.

I reckon the Tigers offer Brooks an insulting offer, somewhere in the range of 200-250k. That's all the pricks worth

I know it's a broken record but Moses is worth the wait and see. He tries you can see that atlst and would do wonders with a decent roster imo, but then again I wouldn't exactly throw the bank at him for a wait and see. Atm he's a 500-600k player in my books

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon the Tigers offer Brooks an insulting offer, somewhere in the range of 200-250k. That's all the pricks worth

I know it's a broken record but Moses is worth the wait and see. He tries you can see that atlst and would do wonders with a decent roster imo, but then again I wouldn't exactly throw the bank at him for a wait and see. Atm he's a 500-600k player in my books

I reckon Moses at that price is overpaid. I don't think we have too many $500k players. Woods is probably worth that money. Tedesco is worth a marquee player salary.

I hope Brooks and Moses stay but geez they need to think about replacing them if they are being offered big money and not signing.

I wonder if they wanted Taylor resigned and the board came along and sacked him.

Clifferd

Coach
Generally at clubs you have 5 players who have a marquee salary range, lets say it starts at 500k+

Moses would be included in those 5 players, because..admittedly he would be in the top 5 players at our club IMO

the other 4 for me would be Woods, Tedesco, Taylor and Nofo

I don't disagree that he isnt a 500k player, but tbh with the growth of the salary cap next year and beyond 500k isn't really that much bite into it...and Id much rather the club offer Moses a reasonable, but not stupid amount over Brooks

Tiger Ted

Bench

I agree that Moses is a wait & see but I wouldn't pay him $1>400k.His half back mate can f**k off.I do NOT want him or anyone of his ilk anywhere near our NRL squad.Im sick of over-rated overpaid pathetic ingrates representing the club I support.

If pissants like Brooks worked in any other industry with his ineptitude low output & zero enthusiasm he'd b permanently unemployed !!!

It's time Pascoe & the illiterate board got f**king serious about advancing this rabble of a club.No pandering to Isaac Moses & ensuring employees r accountable & only get paid what they deserve.Our salary cap is not to b thrown away on wankas who've been allowed to gouge coz self serving oxygen thieves like Mayer & Humpty dumpty were allowed to run this club into the ground !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Generally at clubs you have 5 players who have a marquee salary range, lets say it starts at 500k+

Moses would be included in those 5 players, because..admittedly he would be in the top 5 players at our club IMO

the other 4 for me would be Woods, Tedesco, Taylor and Nofo

I don't disagree that he isnt a 500k player, but tbh with the growth of the salary cap next year and beyond 500k isn't really that much bite into it...and Id much rather the club offer Moses a reasonable, but not stupid amount over Brooks
I get ur point but geez it hurts to think uve got to pay a Neville nobody who has an over-inflated opinion of himself & achieved nothing in this great game that kind of money !!

Anyhow the absurd truth is that him & his slimy manager won't accept anything as low as 500k.U can just imagine how offended they'd b believing that backdoors nephew is the great Brett kenny incarnated !!

Tiger05

First Grade
The thing is I don't think we've got 5 players worth $500k each. Tedesco, Woods and thats it. I like Taylor but I don't see him as a $500k player. Moses is close to it but he is up and down and it's a risk putting him in that category. Nofo offers a lot more than Moses does now and he definitely isn't a $500k player.

Our top 3 players are Tedesco then daylight then Woods and then Nofo.

When Moses plays well he is really good but he hasn't been able to do that unless the rest of the team is firing.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Im not sure about $$ values but I would stagger the contract end dates
Woods 5 years
Tedesco 4 years
Moses 3 years
Brooks 2 years

That is the first requirement surely? We cannot have a Big 4 circus again in 4 years time

a Neville nobody who has an over-inflated opinion of himself & achieved nothing in this great game that kind of money
Tiger Ted, we supporters generally agree with what you say, I'm sure. The achieved nothing bit gets me.

Who the f**k are the selectors or coach who have selected:
Moses - Prime Ministers XIII in 2016 & World All Stars in 2017?
Lovett - City Origin 2016?
Sironen - City Origin 2013 - 2016

Who was the journalist who initially called the the 'Big Four' or whatever they are? Who are the other fu**ing journalist who have kept calling them that?

Clifferd

Coach
Dale Finuucane from Melbourne storm is reportedly on 650k a year, weird huh? You barely even hear his name mentioned, then you have cam smith, billy slater and Cronk who would be on atleast 800k+

If Finuucane can get that much, then surely Taylor being equal if not better can get atleast 500k

If the salary cap is a reported 9.8mil next year then that's only around 6% worth which isn't biting into the cake that much at all

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tiger Ted, we supporters generally agree with what you say, I'm sure. The achieved nothing bit gets me.

Who was the journalist who initially called the the 'Big Four' or whatever they are? Who are the other fu**ing journalist who have kept calling them that?
The

The city origin sides r 2nd rate rep teams where the pool of players to choose from r very thin in that the origin players r not included & many players refuse to b considered claiming they r injured.I have no doubt the slack-arse siro has been treated partially @ the selection table due to the high-esteem his old man is held in.Additionally the fact Lovett was slected for city says it all !

In contrast to the above I do admit I've been harsh towards Mitchell as he certainly earnt his selection in 2 respectable rep teams as he was a rare shining light for us last yr.Im angry coz as much as I'd like for us to retain him I can't c how as Isaac is asking for pie in the sky money & as I'm desperate to c us become a formidable force in the nrl we won't if we pay ridiculous money to players like Mitch that prevents us from assembling a competitive & balanced team across the park !

Let's hope common sense prevails & Mitchell & the club come to a fair agreement re his next contract unlike the ridiculous last contract he signed.I must emphasise I don't give a f**k about his halfback partner as he is totally shithouse & a huge liability we must dispense with.

I'd take both Finucanne and Graham as oppose to the endless list of plodders we have.In regards to our halves I wouldn't lose any sleep if they decided to leave,out of the two i would keep Moses,but I wouldn't allow their manager to bleed us dry and hold us to ransom when neither has improved substantially to earn a pay increase.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Finucanne has re signed with Storm.
Woods still reckons hes no certainty to still sign even though Taylors gone.
On your bike then Hillbilly....
Hes just a plodder anyway..can be replaced...no muscle at all,just a big fat body..
Plus he wont get a gig as captain anywhere else.
I hope Cleary(if hes chosen) gets rid of the bigheads and plodders before year end.

Tiger05

First Grade
TW - I like all of the big 4 on the right dollars. I reckon Woods is a great prop but he isn't a game breaker or maybe extremely rarely he is a game breaker. I heard him talking the other day and he sounded great as well. Happy to have him. I'm not happy to pay him overs.

These guys have had a contract in front of them for a while now. It's getting to the stage where these guys should just go.

Other players will come along. The only one I really don't want to lose is Tedesco but if he goes another gun player will come along.

Brooks and Moses can probably do the job in first grade but geez that is a big call. We might have to get rid of them based on ability. If those two are expecting big dollars they really need a wake up call.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
i agree that Woods is no gamebreaker....all he talks about is postcode 2040.He wont leave but if he does thats life.
I really want to keep just 2 as a priority....Teddy and Nofa...Nobody seems to mention on here too much that Nofa's contract is up this year as well.

The right $$$'s,thats the key isnt it.....
But also,if its Cleary appointed as coach,who is to say he doesnt want Moses or Brookes...He might not even want Hillbilly.
Now is our first chance to take back the offer to McQueen and use the money for Wade Graham.