What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Tigers podcast - Fifth and Last

Tiger05

First Grade
Teddy and Noffo on the right dollars are the two players we should be looking to wrap up as quickly as possible. I think Woods is fine but I have major concerns he is getting overpaid and we have a tonne of middle forwards. How much better is Woods than Ava for instance. I don't think the difference is much at all.

Wade Graham would be a great signing. We need some edge forwards.

Tiger Ted

Bench
TW - I like all of the big 4 on the right dollars. I reckon Woods is a great prop but he isn't a game breaker or maybe extremely rarely he is a game breaker. I heard him talking the other day and he sounded great as well. Happy to have him. I'm not happy to pay him overs.

These guys have had a contract in front of them for a while now. It's getting to the stage where these guys should just go.

Other players will come along. The only one I really don't want to lose is Tedesco but if he goes another gun player will come along.

Brooks and Moses can probably do the job in first grade but geez that is a big call. We might have to get rid of them based on ability. If those two are expecting big dollars they really need a wake up call.
The disparity between what the 6 & 7 r genuinely worth & what them & snake oil salesmen Isaac think they r worth is vast !

05 it's unequivocal after 3 yrs of pathetic ineptitude that the impostor Brooks can NOT do his job in the men's grade.Conversely Moses is capable but nowhere to the degree that him his dickhead cousin or his punch -drunk uncle believe he can.

Shredder

Juniors
I dont get all the Nofo love.

To me hes another one thats hot and cold. He can be great when hes on, but horrible when hes off.

And hes D isnt wonderful either.

In a ore rounded team, he would do well, but calling him star is a long stretch of the bow.

Tiger05

First Grade
Nofo has some of the worst defence as a winger in the comp. He is a great runner of the footy though and his kick returns are awesome. He also has Naiqama, Moses and a backrower around him who has poor lateral movement (Sue & Aloiai).

I still think Nofo has been one of our best players for a while despite his poor defence.

Shredder

Juniors
Im not saying hes crap - I guess what Im trying to say is he looks better because those around him are crap

As I said, In a decent team he would earn his spot.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
We do really need a clean out dont we?
Poor in the backs and our forwards dont scare anyone....
Even Woods has no fear factor to worry other teams....
He's more a court jester than a tough forward.Dont really cares whether he re signs or not...

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Woods is actually a great prop. He can ball play, his defence is solid and his metres are great. The problem is that he isn't a marquee player but he seems to think he is worth big money. How much better is he than Ava, Felise, Grant, Aloiai and Sue. He is better than all of them but if he goes we basically won't miss him. We are strong up the middle.

Someone should be telling him that he isn't worth big dollars. He might get upset and do a Benji but that was one of the best decisions this club made. We should learn from that.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We do really need a clean out dont we?
Poor in the backs and our forwards dont scare anyone....
Even Woods has no fear factor to worry other teams....
He's more a court jester than a tough forward.Dont really cares whether he re signs or not...
Clearly the softest pack in the comp.They r a pack of eunuchs!

Re the backs we have 2 quality backs + 1 kid with enormous potential on the wing .The rest of the backs r not worth 2 bob.Yet the deluded 6& 7 think they r worth 3 times what a quality 6 like Blake Austin is earning.The 2 duds r not a patch on Austin !!

Shredder

Juniors
i think some of the criticism of Woods is a bit tough.

Forwards are a team within the team. He just hasnt had a great deal of help from anyone else.

Forwards need a mix of meter eaters, defenders and ball players. We have just never got the balance right.

Also remember, most teams play six props. We are always short.

Tiger05

First Grade
Shredder - I think Woods is really good but not if he is taking up too much of our cap. If we pay him a million per year for instance we are basically screwing ourselves over.

Shredder

Juniors
I dont think their has been any suggestion hes making anywhere near to that 05.

I agree at a million, hes over paid. But at $500,000 for our capt, club capt and origin and international player hes worth it. And, honestly, thats what a decent prop makes.

It Teddy is on a million and Woods is on a half, Im OK with it.

Its these other two that want upgrades on 600k without showing any value that disturbs me.
And again its about value.
Would you rather pay these two ratbags $1.5mln for both, or pay the same money for Hodkinson and a nuffy?

Im about value and value doesnt mean cheap. If we pay good money to players I expect excellent performances and Im well OK with that.

The issue with our halves is consistency. Its no good having one great game and 4 crap ones.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I dont think their has been any suggestion hes making anywhere near to that 05.

I agree at a million, hes over paid. But at $500,000 for our capt, club capt and origin and international player hes worth it. And, honestly, thats what a decent prop makes.

It Teddy is on a million and Woods is on a half, Im OK with it.

Its these other two that want upgrades on 600k without showing any value that disturbs me.
And again its about value.
Would you rather pay these two ratbags $1.5mln for both, or pay the same money for Hodkinson and a nuffy?

Im about value and value doesnt mean cheap. If we pay good money to players I expect excellent performances and Im well OK with that.

The issue with our halves is consistency. Its no good having one great game and 4 crap ones.
With regard to the pathetic 7 the ratio is 1 great game & 60 shithouse games ! We've become accustomed to expecting crap from the 7 & rocks or diamonds(more rocks) from the 6.

We will learn very soon whether the board has finally learnt from the catastrophic decisions of the past & whether they finally understand that for this club to cease being the laughing stock of the comp that they must b very astute in spending the cap in order to assemble a competitive team.This means telling the 6 & 7 they should seek employment elsewhere !

Shredder I do agree that u can justify paying Woods 500k which by the way is > double what I'd b paying backdoors nephew & the gump no. 7 !

Tiger Woody

Juniors
With regard to the pathetic 7 the ratio is 1 great game & 60 shithouse games ! We've become accustomed to expecting crap from the 7 & rocks or diamonds(more rocks) from the 6.

We will learn very soon whether the board has finally learnt from the catastrophic decisions of the past & whether they finally understand that for this club to cease being the laughing stock of the comp that they must b very astute in spending the cap in order to assemble a competitive team.This means telling the 6 & 7 they should seek employment elsewhere !

Shredder I do agree that u can justify paying Woods 500k which by the way is > double what I'd b paying backdoors nephew & the gump no. 7 !

Love your posts Tiger Ted..
There should be a job waiting for you in Tigers recruitment very very soon..lol

magpie guy

Juniors
I reckon Woods is actually a great prop. He can ball play, his defence is solid and his metres are great. The problem is that he isn't a marquee player but he seems to think he is worth big money. How much better is he than Ava, Felise, Grant, Aloiai and Sue. He is better than all of them but if he goes we basically won't miss him. We are strong up the middle.

Someone should be telling him that he isn't worth big dollars. He might get upset and do a Benji but that was one of the best decisions this club made. We should learn from that.

I think that we would miss Woods more than you would think. Sure, he doesn't pull off huge hits or send players flying with 90 mile an hour runs, but that isn't his game. He plays long minutes, makes plenty of safe tackles and works well in the wrestle, makes a lot of post contact metres, is hard to put down which often leads to quick play-the-balls, and has an offload.

I think that puts him well above the rest of our props bar Sue. Agreed that he shouldn't be on crazy dollars but he plays a needed role in our team. We are certainly more lacking on the edge, particularly the second row/centre channel.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think most people here would be happy to keep Woods but it's the money that is the issue. I'd probably be okay with $500k as well. I think we need to be very careful though about going too much above that level. I think he is been earning well above that now. It's just a guess but I think for us to get fair value he may have to take a pay cut.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I think most people here would be happy to keep Woods but it's the money that is the issue. I'd probably be okay with $500k as well. I think we need to be very careful though about going too much above that level. I think he is been earning well above that now. It's just a guess but I think for us to get fair value he may have to take a pay cut.

Woods is a SOO and test player...
He would laugh at anything under 600k

Latest posts