What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axe time

I have this feeling that it will be swung this week.
Victims will not be the ones that need to be hit though.
Heighno already been hit.
This week will be Capewell. That miss was bad & being dropped is exactly what he doesnt need. Bad move.
Also, Latimore. Been interchanged at bad times & appears disrupted & petrified of dropping the ball.
Also, Taga. I thought he added some the other night. Was better than Gal & Feefs, not they will ever be dropped & rightly so.
Lastly, Segeyaro. I think he will go back to get his miles up & play 80 in NSW cup a few times.

Ones I think should be dropped.
Feki. Just down on confidence.
Holmes to right wing. Needs a massive rocket up his lazy arse. Contribute $750k worth, or hit the road.
Beale to fullback & Ramien to be given a shot on wing outside Loots.

Something needs to happen & it needs to happen fast.

As they say, You keep doing the same thing & expect a different result is .........

Will be interesting to see what the make up of the team will be with Brailey talked about being ready for selection.

Also our edge defence has been targeted quite a bit by the opposition and rightfully so as it has looked very shaky. Definitely struggling against bigger body types out wide. If we can't work out how to get better there then it doesn't matter what other things we do.

We are leaking 30 points a game all to often lately.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Holmes to right wing. Needs a massive rocket up his lazy arse. Contribute $750k worth, or hit the road.

"5. Holmes at home in Queensland
If there was one shining light coming from the Sharks effort it was the performance of fullback Valentine Holmes.

At the same venue where he would experience the euphoria of an Origin victory, Holmes looked determined to play well in front of a Queensland crowd and he didn’t disappoint.

Holmes ran the ball back at pace and threatened to break through with almost every touch, with his 223 metres the most by a player on the field, Broncos included.

Like his teammates he did make a couple of errors with the ball when the Sharks were chasing points late, but Holmes can hold his head up after a wholehearted effort."

I agree with a lot of that, but I expect no changes this week. Shane isn't a massive dropper.

They just need to do everything faster. It's slow.
Yeah, I don't expect changes to the starting side except for maybe fit players coming back in.

Gal is looking mighty slow at the moment. I'm hoping next year isn't his "one too many" moment.

carcharias

Immortal
Don't forget since last years end of season before finals
The sharks have played the most footy of any club.

Speaking of fit players, does anyone apart from me question the decision to play Jimmy Maloney last Friday ? Nu Brown is not Jimmy but quite capable and would have been less of a liability.

I also agree with the consensus about Seggy, and would replace him if Brailey is truly right to play.

And whatever happened to Paulo ?

carcharias

Immortal
Speaking of fit players, does anyone apart from me question the decision to play Jimmy Maloney last Friday ? Nu Brown is not Jimmy but quite capable and would have been less of a liability.

I also agree with the consensus about Seggy, and would replace him if Brailey is truly right to play.

A broken hand takes longer than two weeks to heal.

Omnishark2

Juniors
I thought Taga & Latimore were our best forwards the other night - I would like to see them keep their places. Maybe because it's contract time, but Tags fired up.

Capewell got exposed vs Moga, but has been off for longer than this. He's an edge backrower or nothing, forget centre or wing. He's Lewy's replacement after he retires, that's all.

Val ran the ball hard vs Broncos & is slowly learning his sweep plays etc ... but I agree we're not getting enough from him at this late stage of the season. But the biggest worry with Val is his reading of the play & positioning in defence - it is still atrocious like the start of the year.

snout

First Grade
Ones I think should be dropped.
Feki. Just down on confidence.
Beale to fullback & Ramien to be given a shot on wing outside Loots.

Something needs to happen & it needs to happen fast.

As they say, You keep doing the same thing & expect a different result is .........
Yep.
3 changes you can make that wont 'weaken' the fabric.

To think it will just right itself...not 3 weeks out from September.

Surely even Holmes realises the experiment hasn't worked.

I have no doubt we have the team to be competitive in the Semi's.

But there has been a common theme where we are leaking points in defence.

Teams are getting us on the edges and we are missing too many one on one tackles out wide.

We have to get more aggressive with our first contact in defence and get the line speed back.

We are giving opposition teams too much room and time with the ball.

Attack in the opposition 20 needs to be more clinical and if we don't score get repeat sets with grubber kicks into the in goal.

We have to start dominating possession again.

We are getting in a hole with dropped balls and penalties.

"5. Holmes at home in Queensland
If there was one shining light coming from the Sharks effort it was the performance of fullback Valentine Holmes.

At the same venue where he would experience the euphoria of an Origin victory, Holmes looked determined to play well in front of a Queensland crowd and he didn’t disappoint.

Holmes ran the ball back at pace and threatened to break through with almost every touch, with his 223 metres the most by a player on the field, Broncos included.

Like his teammates he did make a couple of errors with the ball when the Sharks were chasing points late, but Holmes can hold his head up after a wholehearted effort."
Not sure if you know this or not, but that article is QLD media. & I not sure if you know this or not, but they are the next level down from snake Shit. The last thing Holmes needs is their support. The continued whiteanting of the Titans is still continuing in order to protect their beloved Broncos.

Madsharkie

First Grade

Agreed. All I can think is that they want to get him fit for the finals... looks like a gamble that did not pay off. We might be getting desperate.

And bring back Captain America!!!

Madsharkie

First Grade
...We have to get more aggressive with our first contact in defence and get the line speed back.

We are giving opposition teams too much room and time with the ball...
This was evident on the weekend, but I really noticed it vs the Titans. We are so slow off the defensive line compared to other teams. Tired? Too old? I don't know. But it does stop us dominating the runner, which we were excellent at last season.

We don't build pressure. When we do we're at our best. It breaks teams and brings arguably better teams back to our level.

Line speed and repeat sets. f**k this coaching gig is easy.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I thought Holmes was bringing the ball great, making yardage, what Holmes needs to do is watch Tedesco when on attack he is sitting 5 metres behind the forwards following them waiting for a pass, he gets a touch in attack each set, he is always about, Holmes has speed if does that things will happen.

Graham has gone away those big hits out of the line, the way he would crunch a kicker, he seems to lost that.

Taga & Lats played much better, that also had to do with time they cam into game, it was 1st half, time to get into the game, but only 1 we can carry in game

Brailey/Paulo need to be the hookers, and would still have Nu Brown on the bench. Paulo gives you option of running forward or hooker, and Brown can be used as utilty, we need to score points

Weaponhead

Coach
This was evident on the weekend, but I really noticed it vs the Titans. We are so slow off the defensive line compared to other teams. Tired? Too old? I don't know. But it does stop us dominating the runner, which we were excellent at last season.

We don't build pressure. When we do we're at our best. It breaks teams and brings arguably better teams back to our level.

Line speed and repeat sets. f**k this coaching gig is easy.

They lost the physical battle against Souths as well. Won the game through experience and smarts.

This team needs to win physically and control possession to win big games. Lack the quality to score tries off the back foot.