What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axe time

Frenzy.

Immortal
Speaking of fit players, does anyone apart from me question the decision to play Jimmy Maloney last Friday ? Nu Brown is not Jimmy but quite capable and would have been less of a liability.

I also agree with the consensus about Seggy, and would replace him if Brailey is truly right to play.

And whatever happened to Paulo ?

Yes, questioned it live in the game thread. He had an ORIF done. No way it even has significant callus formation in 3 weeks. Must of been needled to his armpit to get on. Played like it too. Reminded me of Chang in 1975 except it was his arm.

Frenzy.

Immortal
"5. Holmes at home in Queensland
If there was one shining light coming from the Sharks effort it was the performance of fullback Valentine Holmes.

At the same venue where he would experience the euphoria of an Origin victory, Holmes looked determined to play well in front of a Queensland crowd and he didn’t disappoint.

Holmes ran the ball back at pace and threatened to break through with almost every touch, with his 223 metres the most by a player on the field, Broncos included.

Like his teammates he did make a couple of errors with the ball when the Sharks were chasing points late, but Holmes can hold his head up after a wholehearted effort."

Yeah, I don't expect changes to the starting side except for maybe fit players coming back in.

Gal is looking mighty slow at the moment. I'm hoping next year isn't his "one too many" moment.

Written by his mum?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I thought Holmes was bringing the ball great, making yardage, what Holmes needs to do is watch Tedesco when on attack he is sitting 5 metres behind the forwards following them waiting for a pass, he gets a touch in attack each set, he is always about, Holmes has speed if does that things will happen.

Graham has gone away those big hits out of the line, the way he would crunch a kicker, he seems to lost that.

Taga & Lats played much better, that also had to do with time they cam into game, it was 1st half, time to get into the game, but only 1 we can carry in game

Brailey/Paulo need to be the hookers, and would still have Nu Brown on the bench. Paulo gives you option of running forward or hooker, and Brown can be used as utilty, we need to score points

Tedesco is instinctive.

Humphrey just stinks.

Card Shark

Immortal
Tedesco is powerful & fast.

Holmes is not powerful & not as fast.

Holmes is much better in a bit of open space.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Holmes needs opportunities created.

Boyd creates opportunities for others.

Tedesco creates his own opportunities.

This is the major problem we have at fullback.

Think back to origin and Val just needed to stand on his wing to score. Same when he played outside Beale. Gerard assisted with a lot of those tries.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I'd agree with that Snoop. But unfortunately I don't see a better FB option at the club atm. And I don't think Dugan is the answer there either. He's wholehearted but has a shit passing game and regularly gets hurt. He's not going to create much either. I think he's better suited to centre, where he's not going to be involved quite as much. Unless Val does all his kick returns... (give him credit there, he does eat those meters up).
Yup! Benny Barba is the answer!!!

sandshark

Bench
Flanno would only axe fringe players like Capewell and some on the bench. As much as i'd like to see Flanno switch it up a bit, I don't think there will be much rotation at all.

He shows too much loyalty. Especially to under-performing and out-of-position players.

Funnily enough I don't agree that now is the time to drop blokes. They need loving, few tummy rubs and love ins. No one is working for one another at the moment.

Of course, I realise I'm in the minority.

Folks only remember when it's raining outside, never when it's sunny.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yes, questioned it live in the game thread. He had an ORIF done. No way it even has significant callus formation in 3 weeks. Must of been needled to his armpit to get on. Played like it too. Reminded me of Chang in 1975 except it was his arm.

Thank god he didnt wear white boots friday night

txta2

Bench
They should of put Ramien in weeks ago over Capewell, as I suggested. Capewell has nothing and is a dud signing unless he puts his head down and toughens up and goes to the forwards.
Holmes at fullback is a failure but that wont change for the rest of the year.
The team is standing at the edge of a cliff and if the coaching staff don't take control they will be at the bottom of the table next year.

Card Shark

Immortal
Funnily enough I don't agree that now is the time to drop blokes. They need loving, few tummy rubs and love ins. No one is working for one another at the moment.

Of course, I realise I'm in the minority.

Folks only remember when it's raining outside, never when it's sunny.

I agree mate, fine tuning is all we need.

1. Beale (he shifts to wing on tackle 4 in D so Val does the kick returns).
2. Val
3. Lewie (your mandate is to set up Val)
4. Ricky
5. Lee
6. Maloney
7. Chad
8. Fifita (for 20 minutes spell max)
9. Brails
10. Prior
11. Boogs
12. Wade
13. Gal.

Paulo, Taga, Segs, Capewell

-That bench has power, speed and versatility.
-I know people don't like the idea of Beale at 1 but he's there as an attacking option. Val plays in the middle on opposition kick plays.
-Ricky and Edrick? It shows how we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
- Ramien is NOT READY for first grade.
- Feki needs to fek off and find some form.
- If Jimmy and Brails are available there is no room for Nu in the squad.
- I like the idea of Seg going on at 13 and Paulo doing a short stint at 9. It wont happen because capt America is out of favour.

None of the above will happen but it's nice to dream.

Special K

Coach
I think we have two issues. We have a lack of speed in the backline and forwards are coasting to the finals knowing they won't be dropped. We need some aggression and youth injected into our pack - who that is I am not sure.

JAC wasn't "ready". Now look at him. Raimen will be fine. We need some pace. Capewell out, Beale to centre, Raimen to the wing.

I think we have two issues. We have a lack of speed in the backline and forwards are coasting to the finals knowing they won't be dropped. We need some aggression and youth injected into our pack - who that is I am not sure.

JAC wasn't "ready". Now look at him. Raimen will be fine. We need some pace. Capewell out, Beale to centre, Raimen to the wing.

Ramien is not fast. He is a power winger in the Feki mould and built his career out of bulldozing blokes in the juniors. He is not having that sort of success in NSW cup against the big boys. It would be even worse in grade.

He is not having that sort of success in NSW cup against the big boys. It would be even worse in grade.
I disagree with that. its exactly what I saw in the Englissh game & all the footage I've seen on the NSWC website says different.
he is a power runner & smashing everybody. He is a power tackler, with no arm grabbing. If anything, the reason he is not ready is exactly what we saw of him in England & what we saw with Capes last week. Dusted on the outside shoulder.

I disagree with that. its exactly what I saw in the Englissh game & all the footage I've seen on the NSWC website says different.
he is a power runner & smashing everybody. He is a power tackler, with no arm grabbing. If anything, the reason he is not ready is exactly what we saw of him in England & what we saw with Capes last week. Dusted on the outside shoulder.

What part do you disagree with?

What I posted is straight out of the decision makers mouth bud.