What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad experiences with online bookmakers

Stewbum

Juniors
I'm starting to clock up a few now. Tell your tales but watch out for the thought police.

Last night I placed a bet with a bookmaker I'll call CCCLXV.

This agency boasts of its cash out feature. So I make use of it with what one might call intelligent risks.

Anyway, my intelligent risk was to place a $100 bet on a team to win a T20 game. They were one wicket down for zero runs in the first over, and chasing 194 for victory. I got odds of $10, so a win would have paid a grand.

However, I was simply playing the odds that might recover enough to be a sporting chance and then I'd cash out. As it is they lost by a measly 4 runs after choking in the last 12 deliveries.

Sadly though, the cash out option NEVER appeared ONCE in the entire innings. On calling CCCLXV the live betting agent told me cash out was available and I'd just have to watch and be patient. I then called customer service and they said the same thing as well as rebooting my device and logging back in again (thanks geniuses).

As they got closer I called again and the agent said he can't help and put me through to customer service. The lass lied to me again, then put me on hold for another 3 overs then said we have cancelled cash out. She refused to say when or why and said she need not inform punters before they place a bet that they've cancelled cash out for that event. Absolute f**king crooks.

After losing my $100 and coming very close to taking the grand I decided that those pricks stole about $700-$800 from me (and presumably a big punter with the same idea) deliberately. Sent them some of my finest foul mouthed vitriol and closed my account forever.

Utter utter bastards. I will never ever place a bet with them on any day out of the 365 days in the year that one can bet.

I have two more stories to tell but keen on yours also.

Last edited:

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Sire, TAB, Betfair and Pinnacle, three of the more noble purveyors of mathematical probability intertwined with plausible financial merit, are indeed the select few thine should ponder when determining similar future endeavours, for other collectives engage in subterfuge. Min statement should be treated as gospel, fellow salacious females.

Foz

Bench
I accidentally placed $20 on a trifecta in an English race about 2.00am.
Rang to see if I could cancel the bet(lets face it $20 on a trifecta pool at 2.00 am in the morning might be the pool).
Nobody to talk to to cancel it.
Recorded message.
They ran 1st 3rd and 2nd.
Wasn't boxed.
Did exactly the same thing on a Sunday afternoon and got the bet cancelled.
The 50 cent and $20 bet use to be too close together on my phone.
Bought a tablet with mobile data so I don't have to use the phone anymore.
Haven't done it since.
I hear what your saying with cash out.
They advertise it enough.
Would frustrate the hell out of me but I've never actually cashed a bet out.
I'm obviously talking Tab not bookie but would feel exactly the same.

Last edited:

Stewbum

Juniors
Similar thing happened with a company I'll call Bet(on)Sports.

Had $100 on a T20 team h2h @ $7. Called to cash out at $550 and the usual deal is name and bet details. This guy demanded my account number. Wasted time arguing, then stopped talking fumbled through my phone for the account number, got it, and two balls had been bowled and a wicket lost. Got $280. Refused to explain the policy on why suddenly I needed my ridiculous 7 digit mix of numbers and letters to ID myself. Made an official complaint and today they refused to admit any guilt and offered me a $150 freebet.

Thankfully I turned it into $140 but I am pissed at their inept cash out systems. They don't want you to cash out and take their money and they deliberately make it difficult.

WilliamDickheadHill actually banned me for winning. My account was closed for winning on their greyhound promotion back in April/May.

What crooks. Made $500 one day, $400 the next and banned.

Paullyboy

Coach
That BetVictor one is an absolute shambles. I can't believe they'd be so brazen in their ways.

I am always curious about these stories of people being banned after a couple of successful days. Are you given a phone call/email? Or does a message pop up when you log on? I assume you still get your money from them despite being banned?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
As far as I know they just lock your account, I have read of people ringing customer service for an explanation and they brazenly tell you because you have been winning to much.

It's an absolute disgrace how they are allowed to manipulate rules to suit themselves not their clientele who they treat like sh*t.

They take millions from punters but for the lucky few who are good enough to win something back they put a red line through you.

Also the capping of bets, I stopped using corporates as when I used to find something at decent overs and have a lash at it sometimes you would barely be allowed on for more than a pineapple

Haffa

I've jagged a six leg Premier League Multi 5 times in the past 6 weeks. As a result I've been locked out of Mr Hill. They gave no explanation. Eventually the call centre manager told me it was due to suspect activities (ie winning).

They gave me my money last night but I can't create an account with them again.

Paullyboy

Coach
I find that bizarre. Particularly with something like Premier League. If you were winning consistently on a novelty sport or event like the women's singles table tennis in Bangladesh - I could see how they might think there is something dodgy.

But if they think someone has infiltrated at least 6 different teams in the Premier League, and then proceeded to place multi's with William Hill Australia - I think that's beyond absurd. I'm surprised they wouldn't want you to stick around if you're placing 6 leg multi's anyway, it's eventually going to go in their favour.

Haffa

If they looked at my record the rest of the season they'd know full well I'm barely recovering my losses.