What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Tampering

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might be a mean bastard but these press conferences come across as PR managed events with scripts and crocodile tears.

Roxy Jacenko for f**ks sake!
I think Smith and Bancroft were genuine. Warner though looked as though he was trying to force tears out. Crocodile tears.

Everything about Warner's behaviour since Saturday suggests he is the ringleader. He hid away from the media on Saturday while Bancroft and Smith come forward, hid away from his team mates, took a late flight home, hid away once he got home, while Smith and Bancroft immediately faced the media and public.

Then there was his woeful responses to clear questions. Body language, attitude and behaviour by him to his team mates, the media and the public compared to the other two says he was a man who acted alone. Smith didn't do enough to stop him and deserves his punishment for that alone. Bancroft has been roped into this by the coward Warner and has paid the price for succumbing to peer pressure that he should never have been under.

Warner is a prick. I hope Smith and Bancroft get back to Test level. I hope I never see Warner playing top level cricket again, or become a commentator etc.

Eelectrica

Referee
Really frustrating presser from Warner. Surprised he didn't get a parrot to deliver it given his constant repreating the same lines over and over.

Smith and Bancroft were genuine, they're not that good at acting. Warner teared up over the family stuff, I think that was genuine, not sure about thee rest though.

TIGER14

Bench
I think Smith and Bancroft were genuine. Warner though looked as though he was trying to force tears out. Crocodile tears.

Everything about Warner's behaviour since Saturday suggests he is the ringleader. He hid away from the media on Saturday while Bancroft and Smith come forward, hid away from his team mates, took a late flight home, hid away once he got home, while Smith and Bancroft immediately faced the media and public.

Then there was his woeful responses to clear questions. Body language, attitude and behaviour by him to his team mates, the media and the public compared to the other two says he was a man who acted alone. Smith didn't do enough to stop him and deserves his punishment for that alone. Bancroft has been roped into this by the coward Warner and has paid the price for succumbing to peer pressure that he should never have been under.

Warner is a prick. I hope Smith and Bancroft get back to Test level. I hope I never see Warner playing top level cricket again, or become a commentator etc.

Warner's only made things worse for himself after that press conference.

JJ

Immortal
Have to take them all with a grain of salt, but Davey's true colours really showing through

Life's Good

Coach
Warner’s press conference is geared towards a challenge of the ruling. The attitude would be ‘why rollover & accept it when others were involved’.
It may take a while but the truth will come out.

typicalfan

Coach
It’s funny when Smith said it was a failure of leadership, which this is. But where does that failure start from. By handing Smith the 12 month ban CA are doing well to distance themselves from the incident but I think that is exactly where the poor leadership stems from. Putting players on the outer because they don’t suit the ‘culture’ or the contract dispute where Smith and Warner had to fight for the pay of the women and the shield cricketers. More of this will continue until they are held to some account.

mave

Coach
Only cried when mentioning his family, refused to answer direct questions, seemed to be quite angry at times.

Not a good look, and I feel that it has not helped CA at all tbh.
Certainly completely different to Smith and Bancrofts presser.

Eelectrica

Referee
I think Warner goes on the T-20 circuit as soon as he can. Still would be interesting in some of those dressing rooms if he's sharing it with some of current SA players...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This whole thing is boring now,Australia just needs to get back to what it does best,being overrated and losing cricket matches.

Adam Lyth > David Warner

Life's Good

Coach
almost the best, but surely the award goes to the moderator who told Buzz to shutup "you can only ask one question, you've had your turn"

my god that made my day
I see that and raise you the turd wiping his nose on his sleeve like a 4 year old while Fox were waiting to cross to him with their reporter.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not sure what everyone was expecting, this wasn't an inquest into who did what

he didn't throw his mates under a bus, if he did he would have been a merkin, if he didn't, which is what happened, he is still a merkin

there will no doubt be a full investigation and possible appeals so he has to be careful what he says and no doubt he was coached to not say the wrong thing

I love Foxspam's outrage that he didn't provide every little bit of dirt for them to feast off, they have still produced about 6 articles already on Facebook