What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Tampering

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Poor Boof, no wonder he's been quiet - he's not part of the leadership group
Plus the poor merkin has lost his ability to talk.

I can’t believe he got off scott free, this shows that the people in charge don’t want change at all because if they did there would be more punishments than these 3.

Nothing will change they will behave for a while but with pretty much the same backroom set up and an interim skipper who won’t want to shake things up to much it’s just window dressing.

Timbo

Staff member
I find it shocking that they're saying Lehmann didn't know.

Even if that's true - which I don't believe for a second - he should go for not knowing that his two on field leaders are conspiring to cheat.

Eelectrica

Referee
Guess we'll see next tour, but I think we'll be seeing a quieter Aussie team. For the next few years anyway.
Without Warner I think that alones lowers the volume of the team by several decibels.

Fangs

Coach
The hasty, bungled press conference from Steve Smith seems to be the issue here.

'None of the coaches knew about it'

So to implicate any coaches at this point will be a huge farce. It will show Smith as an even bigger fraud and create irrepairable damage. Much easier to keep it to just a few rotten eggs.

Im thinking Lehmann stays on for the tour. Then quietly steps down once it finishes. Something along the lines of 'I just feel now is the right time for a change blah blah'

And of course the new coach will bring along their own assistants. JL will no doubt ask for a whole new setup. So it's the cleanest way to fix the mess.

Guess we'll see next tour, but I think we'll be seeing a quieter Aussie team. For the next few years anyway.
Without Warner I think that alones lowers the volume of the team by several decibels.

There’s lot of talk about a rotten team culture, but if you look at it closely it’s only really Warner who fits that bill anyway.

T-Boon

Coach
If this had've been any other cricketing nation, they wouldnt even be talking about it after receiving fines.

We have to have public executions to please the outraged masses.

It is mainly the media.
That image of that fat arse from ACA franticly waddling after Smith into his hotel room trying to get in his face is more repulsive to me than any image of the actually ball tampering. I interpret that this way "Here is a man looking hang dog, down on his luck at the end of his tether who I can mean girl bully into something bigger."

axl rose

Bench
It is mainly the media.
That image of that fat arse from ACA franticly waddling after Smith into his hotel room trying to get in his face is more repulsive to me than any image of the actually ball tampering.

Tracy Grimjaw? glad I missed that.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It is mainly the media.
That image of that fat arse from ACA franticly waddling after Smith into his hotel room trying to get in his face is more repulsive to me than any image of the actually ball tampering. I interpret that this way "Here is a man looking hang dog, down on his luck at the end of his tether who I can mean girl bully into something bigger."

Typical ACA.

Canard

Immortal
If this had've been any other cricketing nation, they wouldnt even be talking about it after receiving fines.

We have to have public executions to please the outraged masses.

I don't have an issue with the fact that we hold our players to a higher standard then the rest of the world.

A lot of the blowback is classic reaping what you sow.

Front-Rower

First Grade
One or two blokes making a rash decision to do something stupid out in the middle is light years apart from what these guys have alledgedly done. To actually sit down and discuss this and then execute their plan is cheating of the highest order.

I can't believe there is anyone who is even sympathetic towards these so called representatives of Australia.

CA can't throw the book at them hard enough.

T-Boon

Coach
One or two blokes making a rash decision to do something stupid out in the middle is light years apart from what these guys have alledgedly done.

Whatever.

England have laughed about the way they tampered with the ball in 2005 all series by way of lollies. That was way worse because it had an enormous impact on the outcome of the series given that they were reverse swinging it from about the 10th over and we had no idea how that was even possible. It was a source of embarrassment to Australian cricket that we had no idea how they were so much better at reverse swinging. We talked about getting in new bowling coaches...their bowling coach (an Australian) became and instant mythical figure.

Fef was doing the same with the lolly.

billygilmore

Juniors
What would be funny is if Bancroft overheard some of the senior players joking about tampering with the ball and then took it into his own hands to prove himself to the team, gets busted, Smith tells him it’s alright mate I got your back they won’t touch me, I’m the Aussie captain and the greatest batsman since Bradman....nek minnut

Eelectrica

Referee
One or two blokes making a rash decision to do something stupid out in the middle is light years apart from what these guys have alledgedly done. To actually sit down and discuss this and then execute their plan is cheating of the highest order.

I can't believe there is anyone who is even sympathetic towards these so called representatives of Australia.

I mostly agree, but I think the players need a path of redemption. Sounds like Warner has burnt his bridges to the ground.

I'd like to think there's a way back for Smith and Bancroft.

Sympathy, no. Empathy, yes.

I also think it’s a denial on natural justice to ruin careers over one stuff up (Smith & Bancroft)

Zero tolerance approach hardly ever works.

Smith gets the same ban too then the weak merkin

Warner should get more for 2 reasons.

He has history of poor behaviour & he was the instigator (if the story is true)

Warner is as much cricket Australia’s problem, if not more, than he is Smith’s. Cricket Australia failed to reign him in, asking a bit much of the captain to do it where they failed.