What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balmain side to play Souths

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Balmain side to play Souths on Saturday 2.50pm Leichhardt listed as follows:
1. Cupples
2. Milton (c)
3. Luland
4. Kelly
5. Carney
6. Obst
7. Tippett
8. Harper
9. Bowman
10. Hawkins
11. Attenborough
12. White
13. Thompson

14. Greally
15. Harris
17. Farah (Charlie)
18. Harrison
19. Dickson
20. Kmet

Tigers are 7th, 1 point ahead of Souths.
Still missing Jamie Small and Robbie Farah - but the side that takes the field often differs considerably from the side listed in mid-week.
Its a big game - lets give the boys the support they deserve!

brook

First Grade
The most important change I can see from last week is the switching of the centre/wing pairings

Last week kelly and milton seemed to have real trouble forming any sort of combination and in the second half most of parras points were scored down their wing.

Lulands defence is normally faultless and he should be able to cover for miltons occasional lapses as well as hopefully strike up a decent combo in attack while Carney could probably benefit from bretts size on his wing.

brook

First Grade
hmm looking at the table and i think we should all pray that parra beat the cougers cause that could give us a pretty achievable path into the finals - if the other games go as i think they will it would see us facing parra in final one (the easiest of the top 3 teams by a mile),
the dragons in round 2 (we've beaten them once and we can do it again), and canberra in round 3 (tough but not impossible)

brook

First Grade
well farah has been threatening a comeback for the last few weeks...but given our bench is rather small i would hope a forward is added at the last minute...the only two likely to enter the side would be farah or small (maybe lima...i know someone said he had his jaw wired but i'll swear blind it was him on the balmain bench last week and his mouth seemed to be working just fine lol) and they might be deciding if its worth risking them against a side like souths when we'll certainly need them for the finals...

Bald Tiger

Juniors
I hope we get Robbie back for Saturday - adds an extra dimension. I was told in an email by Danny Munk that Jeff Lima had his jaw wired. Now I assume he knows whats happening. But he could be wrong ...

brook

First Grade
oh who knows
you'd think munk would know
but if that wasn't him on the tigers bench last saturday than he has a twin brother (maybe we should get him to play ;-) )

B_Tiger

Juniors
sam obst is officially the first midget to ever play 5/8 (and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise).

Bring back Caine!!!

Bald Tiger

Juniors
I would much rather he was playing hooker - but that creates a problem with Bowman and Farah - OK I would rather he was not playing at all. But bringing back Joe (former Joel) Caine anything but that.

brook

First Grade
If robbie does turn out to be a late inclusion (i wouldn't rule it out) I would expect him to move to 5/8th and obst to the bench pretty early on in the game.

I'd rather him gone altogether but i'd much rather obst at 5/8th than hooker - his passes are truely terrible, so many of them go nowhere near his target and thats bad enough in the halves but its unforgivable in a hooker. The difference in our attack when bowman moved into dummy half was as plain as day.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Bowman at hooker agreed.
The big bolter and improver in the side in recent weeks has been Mick Harper. Good to see he is now listed as a starter - deservedly so.
Harper and Hawkins - reminds me of Helmsley and Hardwick.

MoJack

Juniors
Take the Tip Farrah wont play he is still out injured

As for Lima he has had his jaw wired but not from playing Football but from being kinghit by a bouncer outside a nightclub Gone for the year :D :D

brook

First Grade
Grrrr!!!

bloody hell I hope they absolutely flogg him at training all summer for that!

just the news we didn't need!

meltiger

First Grade
brook said:
Grrrr!!!

bloody hell I hope they absolutely flogg him at training all summer for that!

just the news we didn't need!

LOL!!

Like that would do him any good.... :) :) As I said to you yesterday I cannot believe you were suprised by it ;-)

tigger

Juniors
Souths 44 Balmain 24 - after Balmain led 20-10 at halftime...... In the 2nd half Balmain had some of the worst ball handling i have ever seen & Souths were very quick out wide which is where they really dominated. Balmain led 24-22 with 20 minutes to go and then just folded under Souths great defensive pressure. No one really stood out from Balmain today although Bronson didn't do anything wrong......

Now we have to rely on Easts losing to Canberra & then we have to go and play Canberra in Canberra.......... In better news, Western Suburbs lost to Manly 24-22 :lol:

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Sorry Tigger did not see you had posted the result here - otherwise I would not have started the other thread.

Latest posts