What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

Chimp

Bench
Might not be the worst outcome for our club. Whilst he was fantastic last year, there's always a chance with him that he'd go off the boil after such a good year with less motivation.
Will free up a heap of cash and allow Val (or Bird, but preferably Val) to drop back to 1. We should definitely be able to afford to keep both now, and bring in someone else too.

Quigs

Immortal
If I read that statement correctly there is a opening for him to return to the ranks "at an appropriate time".

Oh well there is always next year.

shaggs

Coach
I dare say he has been released, with conditions to return to the sharks once he is mentally right.
It wouldn't just be a go to Thailand for the summer and you are free to come back to play for the roosters.

shaggs

Coach
How much blow does one need to do before a rehab stint is worthwhile?

Is it a weekly session? Every day? Half a dozen times a year with your mates?

Just asking for ummm.... a friend.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Proper gutted man. This sucks.

Barba was easily one of our best all season. Hopefully he gets his head right and comes back better. Again.

Frees up plenty of cash though. Val straight to fullback next season.

chewsta

First Grade
I wonder if Gagan gets a contract now? Would be a great chance to claim a wing spot when Val moves to the back.

f**king hell Benny. All that hard work to get back on top of his game. Gutted.

snout

First Grade
He wants to come back to the Sharks
Flanno wants him back.
Supporters want him back.

Lyall will spin this round to a feel good story in a couple of months. It will be old news soon. Best time yo happen over the summer.

Pearce showed how...once you spin all the PR crap about how you have a problem and have let your family and teammates down and blah blah blah and get on the plane - you are untouchable.

shaggs

Coach
So snout, you reckon benny comes back as a vegan Buddhist? Who is going to open an elephant sanctuary? Now that would be a headline.
Probably in small font on page 22

Generalzod

Immortal
He wants to come back to the Sharks
Flanno wants him back.
Supporters want him back.

Lyall will spin this round to a feel good story in a couple of months. It will be old news soon. Best time yo happen over the summer.

Pearce showed how...once you spin all the PR crap about how you have a problem and have let your family and teammates down and blah blah blah and get on the plane - you are untouchable.
Reading between the lines I think he'll be back...

Chimp

Bench
I hope so - Maybe not on $900k though (think that was the figure reported when he signed).

snout

First Grade
So snout, you reckon benny comes back as a vegan Buddhist? Who is going to open an elephant sanctuary? Now that would be a headline.
Probably in small font on page 22
It will either be that shaggs or he might go the Colonel Kurtz route from Apocalypse now.
Get lost in the jungle and play fullback for the Kho Phangan pygmies in their local league.