What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

shaggs

Coach
Why don't we sign him up. Starting immediately. 12 rounds of suspension.
Play the last 5 weeks in reserves.

Start next year fresh.

chewsta

First Grade
Wonder if keogh had any part in Benny's debacle.

Come on Flanno, sign him now and he can have 3 or 4 games under his belt before the GF!!!

Card Shark

Immortal
1 thing in favour of us getting Barba back is he would be coming to a comfortable environment where he played his best footy.

I'm guessing France was not that at all, so he might be looking for that.

With bird gone, we will have money for him for next year.

Eion

First Grade
f**k sign him now.
Stick him doing community work with the local indigenous kids for a few months.
Training with our guys and see what happens.
Maybe he becomes a centre. Maybe Holmes does.
Better ask the Orr brothers first. They may another even betterer idea...

Fellas. Settle down, as much as I would like him back it just ain't gunna happen. Can you imagine the look if we resign a player suspended on a second strike for cocaine use in the current environment? No fecking way will it happen!!!
I'd even go so far to say that he won't sign for any NRL club as I think the NRL will not think it a good look to welcome him back.
Just sayin

sandshark

Bench
I'd take him back, sign him quick, let him sit out his suspension while giving Val some pointers.
I dont think the club will chase him though.

Born BB&W

Juniors
We are now his spiritual home he knows it we know it. He is part of our family and we should welcome him back with open arms. The bloke is a legend of our club if he needs help you help him by letting him play again.

SKD Proctor Bromich Keogh all in a week there is an epidemic out there. Lyall step up earn your money there is a rehabilitation story there and a very good one. You don't disown Benny for what he was unluckily enough to get caught for. You help him you bring him back he is an immortal of our club now regardless of what happened.

#helpBenny

NB: Val back to the wing mate your time will come.

Last edited:

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Yes sign him back so you can rightly wear his 12 match ban without putting out other clubs for that sneaky salary cap shamozzle

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
We are now his spiritual home he knows it we know it. He is part of our family and we should welcome him back with open arms. The bloke is a legend of our club if he needs help you help him by letting him play again.

SKD Proctor Bromich Keogh all in a week there is an epidemic out there. Lyall step up earn your money there is a rehabilitation story there and a very good one. You don't disown Benny for what he was unluckily enough to get caught for. You help him you bring him back he is an immortal of our club now regardless of what happened.

#helpBenny

NB: Val back to the wing mate your time will come.
All this but make a centre out of Val

southland

Juniors
Sign Barba, let him serve his suspension and then he can go at it in 2018. The club could kick in 300k to help NRL setup their rehab to help rubber stamp the deal.

Weaponhead

Coach
Fellas. Settle down, as much as I would like him back it just ain't gunna happen. Can you imagine the look if we resign a player suspended on a second strike for cocaine use in the current environment? No fecking way will it happen!!!
I'd even go so far to say that he won't sign for any NRL club as I think the NRL will not think it a good look to welcome him back.
Just sayin
Agree. Can't see the Sharks signing Barba right on the back the Keogh drama. The club has had 3 coke incidents in 6 months. Barba on last strike, sponsors already jumpy.