What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

Eion

First Grade
Yep, now he comes back with less bargaining power. Great job bennys management. At least they miss out on their cut of his 2.5M deal.

sladden road

Juniors
Dugan is a solid solid player, tough as, just not much of a ball player like Benny was..
Puts Keoghs mistake in a harsher light now.

Card Shark

Immortal
There is a 14 minute interview/ press conference flanno did with many news outlets.

That conversation was just 1 small part of it.

Reading between the lines, don't be surprised if Barba isn't sounded out.

Maccas4177

Juniors
“I haven’t spoken to anyone about it ... but we’ve probably moved on.” - That's definitely not a NO....

Wouldn't surprise me if he came back.

wibble

Bench
I find it hard to imagine Barba wouldn't be registered and allowed back, after being made to jump through some symbolic hoops. The deal the players struck with the RLPA was for the 3rd strike to be out, and the 2nd to be 12 weeks. If the NRL are trying to effectively make the 2nd strike "out" the RLPA might have something to say on that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is it coincidence that on 2SM in the last hour they ran a story about Phlegmo working with police to address drug problems?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I find it hard to imagine Barba wouldn't be registered and allowed back, after being made to jump through some symbolic hoops. The deal the players struck with the RLPA was for the 3rd strike to be out, and the 2nd to be 12 weeks. If the NRL are trying to effectively make the 2nd strike "out" the RLPA might have something to say on that.
Yeah....agree Wibble. Quite likely that the recent spate of events may lead to a change in the penalties for drug offences down the track but can't be retrospective. After all Kirisome Auv'a is still running around for Parra after having served 9 months suspension for domestic violence and 12 weeks for a second strike drug offence.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Is it coincidence that on 2SM in the last hour they ran a story about Phlegmo working with police to address drug problems?
As Cardy said...good interview with Flange on the Sharks website that covers that. Good damage control most likely initiated by Lyall but sounds quite genuine in their attempt to help in the education process of local kids about potential harm of drugs and alcohol etc.

Chimp

Juniors
Lyall on the front foot again - geez he's good at this type of shiz... completely takes the sting out of it by tackling things head on and being pro-active

Latest posts