What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

coolumsharkie

Referee
BA is just about done at the Eels I reckon, he's probably only still there because of all the other off field disruptions.

I doubt they will lose another game. They are really clicking & first time all are fully fit. He'll be fine. CEO just logged off as he considers job done on bringing the club back on track.
What will be interesting is what Arthur does with French, Gutho, Hayne etc, if he lands Barba.
For mine I'd just play Hayne at the back & forget Ben. Hayne is back to his beautiful best now he is finally over his knee issues.

bluefox68

Staff member
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...to-the-sharks-wont-throw-out-their-salary-cap

so it was reported we were nearly a mil under the cap.
with the signing of woods and retention of a few others it appears we must have erroded into that quite heavily.
so to fix a bench problem this year looks like we may have sacrificed barba for next.
It doesn’t make sense...
Surely we have cap space...
I’m still holding on to ‘Flanno is playing games’ in the hope we can get B.B. or a really good halfback...

CEO

Juniors
It’s all BS. There is room in the cap for BB if we want him.

If player managers know how much cap space is available and level of desperation. They will only inflate the players asking price.

#flannologic

Speaking to Michael Gordon a few weeks ago he has signed another year with Titans, with the instruction he will be bringing through a local young gun, who probably isnt ready for next year. Mick happy to rotate the wing fullback position. Wont need to when Ben Signs.

sandshark

Bench
I think it's clear he ain't coming home.
We all know that the signing would spell the end of any chance of keeping Holmes.

snout

First Grade
Where will he play though - can't be 1 or 6. 14?
Wouldnt even worry about that.
This season still 8 - 9 weeks to run.
Injuries and loss of form for players comes into play.
Holmes could be leaving ( he hasnt committed).
What happens in preseason.

Plenty of factors to play out before a side is picked for round 1 2019.

Building a winning roster is first priority

Card Shark

Immortal
Perhaps Val would love Barba back at the club...the 2 formed an awesome partnership on 2016.

Maybe Val is not the greedy, self-centred person he’s made out?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Wouldnt even worry about that.
This season still 8 - 9 weeks to run.
Injuries and loss of form for players comes into play.
Holmes could be leaving ( he hasnt committed).
What happens in preseason.

Plenty of factors to play out before a side is picked for round 1 2019.

Building a winning roster is first priority

We still need to think about who goes where, otherwise you end up with Duges playing wing (altho he played well there). Benji is no back up.

Also we all know we have to love and nurture Val otherwise he will def take flight.

Last edited:

sandshark

Bench
Perhaps Val would love Barba back at the club...the 2 formed an awesome partnership on 2016.

Maybe Val is not the greedy, self-centred person he’s made out?
That would be awesome. If I were in Val's shoes I'd be looking at it like Barba has what 2-3 years left at this level. Lets have some fun for awhile.

Right now I wouldn't blame Holmes if he were a greedy player, he's set out to make Fullback his own and he's earned that position this season.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I doubt they will lose another game. They are really clicking & first time all are fully fit. He'll be fine. CEO just logged off as he considers job done on bringing the club back on track.
What will be interesting is what Arthur does with French, Gutho, Hayne etc, if he lands Barba.
For mine I'd just play Hayne at the back & forget Ben. Hayne is back to his beautiful best now he is finally over his knee issues.

I'll have some of that $4:35 this week against the Storm then?