Barnaby the Kiwi

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by justdave, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

TBH I don't doubt that at the least the subject would have been broached, I don't believe that necessarily means that she was advised or told to have an abortion. It's quite possible that simply discussing the option was taken as advice to take the option.

2. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Misunderstanding then?

An honest misunderstanding would probably be the best outcome here.

3. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

Given it's such a touchy subject, and the Beetrooter being a bit of a firey merkin, I wouldn't discount it.

4. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

Print Email Facebook Twitter More
    Barnaby Joyce wants privacy laws, denies argument is hypocritical after opposition to abortion clinic safe zones
    By political correspondent Louise Yaxley
    Updated about 2 hours ago

Barnaby Joyce has denied his call for more privacy rules to safeguard his own family contradicts his opposition to extra protections for people using abortion clinics.

Key points:
    • Barnaby Joyce has been calling for a tort of privacy that would give people the right to sue
    • He argues against safe zones to protect the privacy of women using abortion clinics
    • Mr Joyce says a privacy tort would do a better job of protecting those women than safe zones would

Since his affair with former media adviser Vikki Campion put the spotlight on his personal life, Mr Joyce has been calling for a tort of privacy which would mean people could sue for compensation or an injunction if their privacy is breached.

That argument has come under scrutiny after Mr Joyce lobbied New South Wales Nationals last week to vote against a bill banning protesters from outside abortion clinics.

The bill — which punishes protesters who intimidate, harass or film people within 150 metres of clinics or hospitals providing terminations — passed, including with Nationals support.

Mr Joyce told the Northern Daily Leader last week he did not condone women being harassed as they entered abortion clinics but he also said he believed in free speech.

But the former deputy prime minister has continued to push for new privacy rules to protect people like his family members.

Mr Joyce clashed with a photographer outside a church in Armidale over the weekend, then posted a video of the incident on social media.

Photographer Guy Finlay accused Mr Joyce of threatening to punch him, but Mr Joyce denied that and said others leaving the church also saw that he did not do it.

He said as a public figure, he did not expect privacy, but argued that Ms Campion and their son were private individuals who deserve "a greater protection".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-...ent-not-at-odds-with-abortion-comment/9856562

5. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

[​IMG]

Good to see him comforting his daughter during this harrowing time.

butchmcdick likes this.
  6. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Pretty much explains the RWNJ ideology:

A thing negatively effects me = it MUST be stopped!!!
    A thing negatively effects someone else = mehhh

butchmcdick and Lynoman like this.
  7. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

His partner was a journo for the Tele for nine years

I’m sure her work there always respected the privacy of those she reported on

8. Canard

Canard Coach

So pollies could sue people for revealing the truth?

That sounds like the view of a man who isn't bitter at all.

9. Mong

Mong Post Whore

Haha

Barnaby Rubble still providing the lolz...

10. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Dig up, stupid!