What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barretts Australian Career over

drake

First Grade
That depends on what kind of 5/8th Darren is. God knows he's a great footballer, but will he be the best available in his new position? Barrett may have had a slump, but he has definately got the ability and skill to rise above all other candidates.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Roosterphin,

I agree with Bennett likely to coach Australia this may occur although I still reckon Bennett would play Locky at fullback and Barrett at 5/8 for Australia.

However, do you honestly think Dragon fans would be upset if Barrett missed playing for Australia? I think they are only concerned that he plays as many games for the Dragons, they don't give a toss if he plays rep footy given his limited appearances for the Dragons over recent years.

It's just a couple of games a year less that he has a chance of being injured in.

Anonymous

Juniors
We'll just file this thread under 'bold predictions' and bump it up later in the year.
Either way, I cant see Saints supporters losing any sleep over it.

taxidriver

Coach
Looks like the fish aren't biting Phin, you'llneed to try some new bait.

You sure you aren't still upset that Barrett chose to sign on till the end of 2008 and not join that heartless rabble you call a club ?

Alan Shore

First Grade
The Face is a useless hack. Dragqueens supporters, if they had any brains, would have been hoping he sent Easts over the cap. Adds absolutely nothing but further mediocrity to the useless bunch of park footy players based in WIN Stadium.

warren

Juniors
The Face is a useless hack. Dragqueens supporters, if they had any brains, would have been hoping he sent Easts over the cap. Adds absolutely nothing but further mediocrity to the useless bunch of park footy players based in WIN Stadium.

too right
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paj8

Juniors
bennets alreayd said lockcyer will play darren lokyer for fullback he's only 5/8 for borncos so 5/8 for broncos and fullback for australia

Godz Illa

Coach
Tamazoid said:

Hahaha you poor tragic Cronulla supporter, I'd pity you if you weren't so damn pathetic. You're suffering from severe delusion, possibly brought on by several years of emotional abuse as a Cronulla supporter. The years of abuse and disappointment stretch all the way back to your childhood (and your father's childhood). I suggest you visit a therapist and get in touch with your inner self. Or if you're a bit on the cheap side, go to the library and borrow a copy of Freud's 'Mourning and Melonchalia'. Should do the trick. Happy healing.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Im just glad that this has happened. Why ?

It will make sure that Trent Barrett does not feel like he has a mortgage on the 5/8 spot. He will have to fire if he wants to be in the 5/8 posi for NSW then Australia.

A challenge is just what the kid needs IMHO.

Barett should stay at 5/8 him and Joey play well togeather.
Locker Can play fullback for tests.
Everyone is saying Locker will be 5/8 for oz but he hasn't proved he can play there yet some poeple are saying he will be playing much the same role as he has been coming it at first recever. At 5/8 he is ganna have a lot more defencive work to do i think hes ganna have to bulk up bit first.

Paj8

Juniors
oh soz barrte is statying five eight lockyer isnt barret going to be five eight for Australia

Latest posts