What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 07

Who is your team?

• Total voters

callmack1

Staff member
I was so disappointed in the Scorchers last night, they were terrible and it was such an anticlimax.

However, well played Canes and even I'd admit it's good to see some different teams in the final.

Tonight's game is shaping up well after that first innings, what a knock by Travis Head.

Travitoh

First Grade
I missed out last night as i already had plans for the evening
I'm not missing out Sunday arvo though, tickets are already booked!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I missed out last night as i already had plans for the evening
I'm not missing out Sunday arvo though, tickets are already booked!
Enjoy....

It'd be good if one day in the next few seasons you could make a night trip and come watch Souths at a home game at ANZ.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's in the plans. Possibly a Good Friday fixture.
Mate I hope that happens for you.....

It's a great atmosphere and around 35-40k.

It would be great just for you to be at one of our home games......

@callmack1 I hope you can save up bro and come here for a game in the next few years........ I'm sure you can make it happen if you really want it..... life is too short..;

I'm so glad you're going to see them in NZ this year though and I hope we get the win especially for ya....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Very quiet on our forum today Trav....;

Don't know where everyone has got to.....

Probs this Bathurst 12hr long race......

I'm happy to talk Fantasy with you in that thread too....

Travitoh

First Grade
@Travitoh

Congrats mate I caught some of it but I know you'll be stoked.....

I put in a big effort today for the boys, sitting in the stands and sucking back a coupla, so thanks mate! lol

I didn't even know Bathurst was on today, not that concerned by it anyway.
Not much to get excited about in fantasy until we see team lists i believe, until then it's all speculation

callmack1

Staff member
A huge congrats to the Strikers today, they've been close for a while but their moment finally came! What a great innings from Weatherald, just outstanding.

Congrats to you too Trav, you must be stoked!

Very quiet on our forum today Trav....;

Don't know where everyone has got to.....

Probs this Bathurst 12hr long race......

I'm happy to talk Fantasy with you in that thread too....
Yea sorry, I've been busy visiting family for most of the day so I didn't get to see much of the 12 hour which was a shame.

I put in a big effort today for the boys, sitting in the stands and sucking back a coupla, so thanks mate! lol

I didn't even know Bathurst was on today, not that concerned by it anyway.
Not much to get excited about in fantasy until we see team lists i believe, until then it's all speculation
Don't get the 12 hour confused with the Bathurst 100 (the one with V8 Supercars) which imo will always be the greatest race of the year, always has and always will be.

callmack1

Staff member
You could see how much today's win meant to the Strikers too, must have been amazing to be there Trav.

Travitoh

First Grade
A huge congrats to the Strikers today, they've been close for a while but their moment finally came! What a great innings from Weatherald, just outstanding.

Congrats to you too Trav, you must be stoked!

Yea sorry, I've been busy visiting family for most of the day so I didn't get to see much of the 12 hour which was a shame.

Don't get the 12 hour confused with the Bathurst 100 (the one with V8 Supercars) which imo will always be the greatest race of the year, always has and always will be.

Thanks mate. That was a great knock by Weatherald. I'd felt he'd been threatening a few times this tournament to post a good score but didn't expect that!
Travis Head's innings today will go forgotten but i believe it was huge. For the star of the team to only score 3 runs of a 50 run partnership and still keep his wicket intact to go on and post a 100 run partnership with Weatherald and finish the innings unbeaten on 44 goes to show a great amount of not only experience but awareness of the situation. Better players have gotten frustrated and thrown their wicket away in that situation, leading to extra unnecessary pressure on the man in. They almost played the perfect game. Didn't need to try and bowl Hobart out with 200 on the board, just needed to manage the game from there and that's what they did.

I feel daft now, i should've known it wasn't the v8's. My bad lol

Travitoh

First Grade
You could see how much today's win meant to the Strikers too, must have been amazing to be there Trav.

The crowd figure was down on what i expected but the atmosphere was great. The ground was bouncing from early on as everyone got behind every run that the Strikers scored from ball one.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks mate. That was a great knock by Weatherald. I'd felt he'd been threatening a few times this tournament to post a good score but didn't expect that!
Travis Head's innings today will go forgotten but i believe it was huge. For the star of the team to only score 3 runs of a 50 run partnership and still keep his wicket intact to go on and post a 100 run partnership with Weatherald and finish the innings unbeaten on 44 goes to show a great amount of not only experience but awareness of the situation. Better players have gotten frustrated and thrown their wicket away in that situation, leading to extra unnecessary pressure on the man in. They almost played the perfect game. Didn't need to try and bowl Hobart out with 200 on the board, just needed to manage the game from there and that's what they did.

Now for you to work your magic and Souths to slip into the finals;);)

The faithful would go absolutely banana' if we could sneak in....

Travitoh

First Grade
Now for you to work your magic and Souths to slip into the finals;);)

The faithful would go absolutely banana' if we could sneak in....

I honestly believe we could be a good shout at it. Outside of the top few teams you could throw a blanket over the next lot and i believe that's the bracket we should be aiming for.

callmack1

Staff member

Yep, Travis Head is all class. He's only young and already captained his side to a BBL Championship.

Latest posts