What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 2016/17 (Dec 16 - Jan 28)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not really surprised with the Thunder's performance considering they've lost Hussey, Kallis and didn't have Watson and Khawaja tonight, but a little surprised with the bowling would've thought they keep the runs down a bit and get a few wickets. A few missed opportunities in the field. Its early days but going to have to do a lot better in the next performance.

TheParraboy

Staff member
unless Sunshine and Russell contribute with bat and ball big time in most games, Thunder will finish up in the bottom 2 this season. Our batting is woefull at the top without the 2 retirees and without Khawaja. Morgan is ok I guess

Incorrect

Coach
I've asked this before elsewhere but why is Henriques' name not in the mix for that all rounder spot the Aussie selector's are so seemingly hell bent on picking? Are his levers not long enough? Are they too long? He's a better bat than Marsh, better bowler than Cartwright, has plenty of experience and is still only 29 years old, got plenty of first class cricket left in him

steggz

Juniors
Surprised no one mentioned Gibson's knock on debut.

Sandhu should be put out to pasture, that was a terrible game. Bring Watson in for him, lengthen the batting and have a bowler who will give effort.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I've asked this before elsewhere but why is Henriques' name not in the mix for that all rounder spot the Aussie selector's are so seemingly hell bent on picking? Are his levers not long enough? Are they too long? He's a better bat than Marsh, better bowler than Cartwright, has plenty of experience and is still only 29 years old, got plenty of first class cricket left in him

My sources tell me he will be on the Indian tour..

Valheru

Coach
No one should be surprised by the Thunder's performance, they weren't particularly good last year TBH. They only won 50% of their matches and caught fire at the right time.

2 weeks

Coach
Strikers v Heat in Adelaide tonight.

I doubt whether Rashid would be in the country yet, so the Strikers will miss him. Pollard back is a massive bonus for them.

Heat look to have strengthened their bating line-up from last year, but f**k their bowling unit are a team of nuffies.

We could be looking at a 400+ run game.

2 weeks

Coach
I'm surprised that Dre Russ is playing this tournament. I thought he was suspended for dodging the drug testers.

TheParraboy

Staff member
No one should be surprised by the Thunder's performance, they weren't particularly good last year TBH. They only won 50% of their matches and caught fire at the right time.

and the form side Adelaide only lost one match - to the thunder

Adelaide secured a home semi - losing to the thunder again :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Never take on Pollard seriously...Dunk f**ked that up otherwise Peirson was gone

TheParraboy

Staff member
0/79 - 6 overs

If Macca hangs around another 6-7 overs, with Lynn to follow
250+ not out of the question

Latest posts