What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears discussion 2015

rabbitohs95

Bench
So I just read that the Bears won on the weekend 30-16 against Wentworthville. Found a teamlist however I couldn't see one for before the game but looked like Grant and McInnes were included in the team.

Keen to how the team goes and who's in it and what's going on. Seems to me that very little NSW Cup coverage is given to the public. I'd really like to hear or see what goes on in reserve grade though.

Anyone catch the game on Sunday and can give a wrap up on things? Cheers.

alien

Referee
So I just read that the Bears won on the weekend 30-16 against Wentworthville. Found a teamlist however I couldn't see one for before the game but looked like Grant and McInnes were included in the team.

Keen to how the team goes and who's in it and what's going on. Seems to me that very little NSW Cup coverage is given to the public. I'd really like to hear or see what goes on in reserve grade though.

norths usually go well in nsw cup but last year they were terrible - only winning 2 games (not sure what happened there). they usually put info and highlights of the nsw cup games (and sg ball and harold matthews games) on this website: http://www.nswrl.com.au/

Last edited:

alien

Referee
this was the team list on the nswrl website, but maybe it was changed before the game

1 SETEFANO TAUKAFA
2 DANE CHANG
3 LATRELL SCHAUMKEL
4 AARON GRAY
5 SAM MANULELEUA
6 BRAD WALL
7 NIKKO ROBERTS
8 NATHAN BROWN
9 MATT HYLAND ©
10 MICHAEL ROSS
11 JACK GOSIEWSKI
12 SCOTT SORENSEN
13 JESSE ROBERTS

14 NATHANIEL NEALE
15 DUNCAN LOW
16 BRAD CROAD
17 FRED JUNIOR MAUALA
18 WILL LAFOLAFO
19 DEAN MCGLINCHEY

COACH WAYNE LAMBKIN

Rabbits20

Immortal
this was the team list on the nswrl website, but maybe it was changed before the game

1 SETEFANO TAUKAFA
2 DANE CHANG
3 LATRELL SCHAUMKEL
4 AARON GRAY
5 SAM MANULELEUA
6 BRAD WALL
7 NIKKO ROBERTS
8 NATHAN BROWN
9 MATT HYLAND ©
10 MICHAEL ROSS
11 JACK GOSIEWSKI
12 SCOTT SORENSEN
13 JESSE ROBERTS

14 NATHANIEL NEALE
15 DUNCAN LOW
16 BRAD CROAD
17 FRED JUNIOR MAUALA
18 WILL LAFOLAFO
19 DEAN MCGLINCHEY

COACH WAYNE LAMBKIN

I read that in Big League program that I buy on Thursday's.

As R95 said Grant and Mcinnes played so it would have been changed.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I don't know anything about the game.

Good result for the Bears though.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I read that in Big League program that I buy on Thursday's.

As R95 said Grant and Mcinnes played so it would have been changed.

Add Millard for the other centre. I think they'll have a very strong squad when Cody Walker returns from suspension he's a known performer in reserve grade.

Matrix

Juniors
I went to the norths game,Gray didnt play.Tim Grant and Cameron McInnes both played and Latrell Schaumkel replaced Gray.Norths dominated the first half and led 24 0 at halftime bur wenty came back well to bring it back to 24 16 near the end until the bears scored a late try.I thought the best players for norths were Taukafa and Brown with Grant and McInnes being solid but nothing special.Millard seemed to be giving out a lot of instructions to the younger guys and was also played quite well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I went to the norths game,Gray didnt play.Tim Grant and Cameron McInnes both played and Latrell Schaumkel replaced Gray.Norths dominated the first half and led 24 0 at halftime bur wenty came back well to bring it back to 24 16 near the end until the bears scored a late try.I thought the best players for norths were Taukafa and Brown with Grant and McInnes being solid but nothing special.Millard seemed to be giving out a lot of instructions to the younger guys and was also played quite well.

Good update there.

Did Manuleleau play?

If he did how'd he go?

I think Gray has a bit of a problem with tightness in his groin.

NSW Cup Team: Rd 2, Bears v Panthers

Wed 11th March, 08:00AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1426036093184.jpg

The North Sydney Bears have announced their team to take on the Penrith Panthers at Carrington Park in Bathurst this Saturday 14 March.
Rabbitohs first grade squad Members Setefano Taukafa, Aaron Gray, Sam Manuleleua, Nathan Brown, Scott Sorensen, Jack Gosiewski and Cheyne Whitelaw will all take part in the clash, just one week after the Bears opened their NSW Cup season with victory over Wentworthville by 30-16.
Kick-off will be at 2:10pm.
The North Sydney Bears are:
1. Setefano Taukafa
2. Dane Chang
3. Latrell Schaumkel
4. Aaron Gray
5. Sam Manuleleua
6. Brad Wall
7. Nikko Roberts
8. Jesse Roberts
9. Matt Hyland ©
10. Nathan Brown
11. Brock Gray
12. Scott Sorensen
13. Cheyne Whitelaw
Interchange
14. Nathaniel Neale
15. Michael Ross
16. Duncan Low
17. Jack Gosiewski
18. Kilifi Tia Kilifi

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/03/11/nsw_cup_team_rd_2_be.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good to see the likes of Brock Gray and Cheyne Whitelaw there

Yeah it is. Madge is obviously taking them to the next level and pushing them both to improve their games.

Brock and Cheyne may have to play a couple of 1st grade games this year if we get injuries in the forwards or suspensions from the judiciary.

On another note I like the look of the Bears team for this week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nathaniel Neale played 1 or 2 first grade games early on last year but he has decided to just take a contract with the Bears. He won't be playing any first grade at all.

Matrix

Juniors
Good update there.

Did Manuleleau play?

If he did how'd he go?

I think Gray has a bit of a problem with tightness in his groin.
Yeah both Manuleulua and Chang were decent on the wings but Taukafa was the best of the outside backs,imo.I believe the bears game this week is live on foxtel.

alien

Referee
watching the bears game live on fox sports. the bears are not going very well. they are losing 28-6 after 72 minutes :(

Rabbits20

Immortal
o_o

final score: 38-6

I know they were playing the defending premiers but were the Bears really awful? Or just completely outclassed?

Out of the team was there any Bears players at all who were solid and tried hard?

Also mate did Aaron Gray play?