What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry

Dutchy

Immortal
Same. I would rather keep learning under GEOFF TOOVEY and DES HASLER while partnering another young superstar in the making.

MatthewA

Juniors
LOL

Two old school retired players against a player who was better than both and is still playing and has adapted to the modern style of play. Yeah I wonder which I'd pick.

To be completely honest I don't even want him here. I'd rather keep producing Josh Reynolds. He'll be good one day, very good.

Doga

Juniors
You're off your nut. He didn't say the bulldogs weren't successful or didn't have a good culture. He said that Manly was successful and has a good culture! Where did he say you are a terrible club. It would be a bad career move because he is guaranteed the halfback spot at Manly whereas Kimmorley still may keep playing for a few more seasons.

Dumbass.

There is no way he would sign anywhere to play NSW Cup.

If you really think the Dogs will sign "Hokko" and play him in NSW Cup then you have issues.

Dogs signing Hokko will spell the end of Kimmorley and a move into coaching.

So it would definately not be a bad career move, as it wouldn't be a bad career move to stay on with the Beagles.

PS. in the last Eagles game I saw I was more impressed with Foran.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Well you're quick off the mark dopey, why don't you wander over to the biggest buyers thread, pull your head out of your arse and have a read.

1. Boyd - Brought
2. Morris - Bred
3. Scott - Bred. Was with the Dragons before he went to the Sharks.
4. Cooper - Bred
5. Nightingale - Bred
6. Soward - Brought - Dragons made him the player he is.
7. Hornby - Bred
8. Hunt - Bred
9. Priddis - Brought
10. Weyman Brought - Again useless before he came to the Dragons
11. Smith - Brought
12. Creagh - Bred
13. Young - Bred

Compare that to the dogs and I'd say the Dragons have doing very well developing their own players.

MSIH

Bench
If you really believe the tripe flowing out of your mouth I have grave fears for your mental health.

Success? We've failed to make the finals only twice in the past decade. We've won 2 premierships in the last 15 years and have been in 3 grand finals. We've produced a plethora of rep stars yet you imply we aren't a success?

The Bulldogs have an amazing culture that every players wants to be involved with. On one hand you have people like you suggesting the family club has some kind of culture issues because about 20 fans out of about 50,000+ decide to act like morons.. But then on the other hand people claim we're the biggest buyers in the game and we're bought not bred.. You can't have it both ways.

If it was such a terrible club with a terrible culture then wouldn't we be one of the wooden spoon favourites with no signings and struggling hard?

Defensive much? I don't really need to reply, Dutchy said it all.

As Dutchy said, I never said the Dogs weren't a successful club. On the contrary, excluding 2008 you're up top consistently.

I think it would be a poor career move on his behalf as he is developing beautifully under the tutelage of Hasler and Toovey, two ex Australian halfbacks. You belittling those two shows how deluded you really are.

He's also forming a top combo with Foran, a future superstar. He's also got Lyon outside him, who from all reports has been great for both he and Foran in a mentoring capacity.

Btw, that 3rd paragraph makes very little sense. Who, what's having it both ways. How is the fact that you buy plenty of players mutually exclusive from the fact you have some fans who love to fight? No logic.

MSIH

Bench
LOL

Two old school retired players against a player who was better than both and is still playing and has adapted to the modern style of play. Yeah I wonder which I'd pick.

To be completely honest I don't even want him here. I'd rather keep producing Josh Reynolds. He'll be good one day, very good.

Haha, how'd I miss that?

You are f**ken deluded.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Boyd - Brought
2. Morris - Bred
3. Scott - Bred. Was with the Dragons before he went to the Sharks.
4. Cooper - Bred
5. Nightingale - Bred
6. Soward - Brought - Dragons made him the player he is.
7. Hornby - Bred
8. Hunt - Bred
9. Priddis - Brought
10. Weyman Brought - Again useless before he came to the Dragons
11. Smith - Brought
12. Creagh - Bred
13. Young - Bred

Compare that to the dogs and I'd say the Dragons have doing very well developing their own players.

I love the "Dragons made him the player he is" ones. We've got plenty of those sorts of players where we might've bought them but we were largely responsible for their first grade career taking off.

Bottom line

EVERYONE F**KING BUYS PLAYERS!

Get it through your f**king head, numbskull.

patzz_

Juniors
I love the "Dragons made him the player he is" ones. We've got plenty of those sorts of players where we might've bought them but we were largely responsible for their first grade career taking off.

Goodwin, about it?

Timmah

Staff member
Goodwin, about it?
Luke Patten's made a name for himself at Canterbury, he'd had what, 1 season at Illawarra in top grade and then one or two at STGI before joining us where he's been for 9 years

Andrew Ryan came out of relative obscurity and has been our captain for 7 seasons now.

Goodwin as you mentioned, probably Morris too given he played his first rep footy as a Bulldog.

Regardless, why does it really matter, the way some of your fans carry on it's like we've raped or murdered a family member - all the club is doing, like every other club, is recruiting. It's the foundation of the game in many ways, why you lot carry on about it has me stumped.

MatthewA

Juniors
Because it's all they have to harp on about. When a club hasn't won a premiership it's something they'll do - pick any tiny little thing to carry on with.

Don't forget about Yileen Gordon, Ben Roberts and Chris Armit for that list.

Timmah

Staff member
Ben Roberts might've played some junior footy for the Magpies but all of his grade footy was with Canterbury wasn't it?

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Luke Patten's made a name for himself at Canterbury, he'd had what, 1 season at Illawarra in top grade and then one or two at STGI before joining us where he's been for 9 years

Andrew Ryan came out of relative obscurity and has been our captain for 7 seasons now.

Goodwin as you mentioned, probably Morris too given he played his first rep footy as a Bulldog.

Regardless, why does it really matter, the way some of your fans carry on it's like we've raped or murdered a family member - all the club is doing, like every other club, is recruiting. It's the foundation of the game in many ways, why you lot carry on about it has me stumped.

You bite well :D

Do you follow toyota cup at all? Anyone have an opinion on Dale Finucane? Think he'll be able to crack first grade in the future?

Morris played rep footy in 07 for the Dragons btw.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Do you follow toyota cup at all? Anyone have an opinion on Dale Finucane? Think he'll be able to crack first grade in the future?
If I've got the right guy, you're talking about the player of the year in 09 for the grade correct?

dale_finucane_sgBall_playerOfTheYear09_s3.jpg

Latest posts