What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott re-signed?

ali

Bench
Absolute enigma. If only he had a clue as to when to pass and when to go to ground. Surely it can't be that hard to get a clue.

mr_sharks

Juniors
Beau Scott is like Ryan Attwood - a few certain people see potential in him past the bad boy image and costly mistakes. Sandy Cohen showed faith in Ryan by putting him up in his pool house after being sent to jail much to the dismay of his wife, and Stuart Raper has showed faith in Beau by putting him in firsts much to the dismay of many of the forumers.
The question is will Beau repay the faith shown in him like Ryan has? Ryan is now off to college, but will Beau graduate after this test???

Special K

Coach
mr_sharks said:
Beau Scott is like Ryan Attwood - a few certain people see potential in him past the bad boy image and costly mistakes. Sandy Cohen showed faith in Ryan by putting him up in his pool house after being sent to jail much to the dismay of his wife, and Stuart Raper has showed faith in Beau by putting him in firsts much to the dismay of many of the forumers.
The question is will Beau repay the faith shown in him like Ryan has? Ryan is now off to college, but will Beau graduate after this test???
:lol::lol:

That is gold. Raper is Sandy Cohen :lol:

Inferno

Coach
samshark said:
I am sick of all the Scott bashing.
Give him time. He still a rookie. Only played, what 20 first grade games or something.

What about focusing on his strengths. Strong runner, good leg drive, makes breaks, carries defenders and good defensive technique.

I know he is frustrating and can do some dumb things but they will go in time. I am convinced he will be a quality centre. In the mean time though, I agree he should be on the wing.

Im starting to come around to K's thinking to be honest. After 20 games with very little improvement you start wondering if he's ever going to improve. Im another jumping on the "move him to wing" band wagon, at least untill he gets his defensive issues sorted out. He's stopped rushing up off the line every damn line though. I reckon a couple of weeks with some personal coaching from ET could do the trick, but might be a pipe dream these days.

BTW 20 games is a third of the amount of games the average first grader plays in their career.

Inferno

Coach
definately, Im a big supporter of the guy Macca, don't me wrong.

Hits the line hard, and probably the best tackle buster we have in the club. His general defence is strong, but its the misreads which let him down the most. But really his style of play hasn't changed since he made the grade last year, so my question is why? Is it the best he can play, or is he not being given the appropiate one on one time?

Macca

Coach
I agree with that. Has good leg drive too.

He has his problems in defence and with handling which is why I think he would better served on the wing at present. He will come good. Hopefully for us.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I think Scott needs to learn how to catch in Reserve grade. He is like a big black hole waiting to suck the ball onto the ground. I agree he can bust a tackle and tackles ok, but I see being able to take a pass as pretty damn important.

I can see at least 3 centres I would prefer right now (and 2 more I would be willing to gamble on) on the following list from the smh, and unless we have some one that can step up pronto (Does the Pom really exist?) we should be wining and dining these lads and pronto. That does not include Lyon or UK players.

CENTRES

Gavin Cooper (Cowboys), Brett Delaney (Eels), Shane Elford (Tigers), Andrew Emelio (Bulldogs), Danny Galea (Panthers), Josh Hannay (Cowboys), Adam MacDougall (Souths), Daryl Millard (Dragons), Beau Scott (Sharks), Jake Webster (Storm).

Danger

Juniors
does anyone know if we have re-signed him???
he makes a few errors but i think he's got the potential to be a top notch centre.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Special K said:
Worst player to ever wear a cronulla jersey. possibly the ugliest to. Every time he makes a break he f**ks it up - EVERY TIME! He has good leg drive and can tackle just has problems reading the play but he is spanner. He needs to be a winger but to learn the ropes in grade because he is costly at centre.

He has a upside yeah but he just has nothing upstairs. You can't put a footballers brain in there. That said I'd love to be proven wrong as you can see he has something but I figure if we are going to have a project centre then we could have a better project to gift games to.

Weren't you saying similar about Kearney?

:lol:

Special K

Coach
I was against Kearney but never thought he'd make it into first grade so I doubt I ever went that in depth. Ugly but actually sounds similair - its a colt thing. they all are!

Beau has a upside but we need strike not projects right now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Enter Jake Webster.

The club has gone in hard on him.

Here's hoping they can pull it off.

Special K

Coach
Gold Coast have a 3 year deal for him and his parents live in Brisbane. We however are a side on the rise who he can be the jewel of the backline. Hmmm

samshark

Juniors
Special K said:
I was against Kearney but never thought he'd make it into first grade so I doubt I ever went that in depth. Ugly but actually sounds similair - its a colt thing. they all are!

Beau has a upside but we need strike not projects right now.

I would have thought that Beau is the perfect example of a 'strike' player. Its not his strength, running game or ability to score tries that lets him down, its his hands and decision making at times.

Would be a big loss IMO if he left. We may fluke Webster but who will play the other centre. At the moment for next year we have nobody signed.

sharkadelic

Juniors
In RLW, there is a small article on Webster and he names the sharks and the titans as the parties his manager is negotiating with. He says "Either way it will be a new challenge".

Hmm. Fairly strong team on the rise vs home state team. Could go either way.

Good article on Stoss too.

The Popper

Bench
samshark said:
I would have thought that Beau is the perfect example of a 'strike' player. Its not his strength, running game or ability to score tries that lets him down, its his hands and decision making at times.

Would be a big loss IMO if he left. We may fluke Webster but who will play the other centre. At the moment for next year we have nobody signed.
Very well said, Sam.

Latest posts